View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #33
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
That might work, though. The appeal for me here isn't the teams, but the players. I'm more inclined to play with fictional players with text-sims, but it might be fun to try this as a change of pace. I wonder to what degree the human player would have an advantage, though, because he /she knows baseball history and the computer AI doesn't.

If I started with a 30-team league in 1901 but wanted to use the Lahman database, how does the game make up for the paucity of historical players in the annual draft? Does it generate fictional players?

Also, I noticed that Shaun talked about a new player development system with this version. How does that work with the Lahman database? Would the career peak value be randomly assigned to historical players?

So many questions...

Yes, the game generates additional players to fill in for the lack of historical players... no problem there.

I haven't played long enough with the Lahman database to judge how the player development works... suffice it to say, it will probably deviate somewhat from what has happened in real life. For example - Eck is a starting pitcher on my team now as a rookie... I doubt he'd end up as a closer as time goes by... but we'll see.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote