View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #29
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
With the Lahman database support, can we set up the game so that the new players that come into the league each year are the same players that would have come into the league historically?

If so, is there a way to set an x-factor, like in FOF, where the star players are likely, but not predestined, to be stars in the game world?

Also, if the new version of PureSim doesn't support expansion, is it even possible to run a semi-historical simulation of baseball through the 20th century?

EDIT: I see that the first question has been answered above. Wondering now only about the second two questions.

Yes... I'm doing that with the beta test now. I started in 1974... had an initial draft where I picked up established guys like Nolan Ryan and Hank Aaron... then in 1975, I was able to draft Dennis Eckersly as a rookie. The X-factor is that the players have a "potential" rating that should equate to the sort of success they had in real life, but there's no guarantee.

There was expansion in the early builds of the game, but it's been disabled for now. No word yet on whether it will be reserved for a future patch or release, but the bottom line was that the expansion process was a bit too random and didn't have enough player control involved. So, unfortunately, you'd have to start your historical league with as many teams as you want to live with for the duration...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote