View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #482
Travis
Pro Rookie

To finish my thoughts on Chelios, let's just say that while I expect veteran's to get some leeway with the officials, I think he's one that generally takes it a step too far. Admitting to it after game one and the play on Hemsky go beyond the line, and that's probably somewhat shaded by the fact that Hemsky is my favorite Oiler, but if that had ended his postseason (let alone his career) I wonder if that's the sort of note that Chelios wants to go out on, or if he really cares.

Stoll, well, he shouldn't have gone for the dance. Either the refs call it or they don't at that point, down 5 on 3 you shouldn't waste time trying to draw a call. Pronger is about the only guy on the team that can embellish a play and hope for the call from the official. I'm sure Blade would agree that this even raises my ire as I don't like to see our players doing that (and Pronger has been his favorite player for years, so he loves it when I get mad at Pronger's acting). The only positive there is that Pronger tends to have a good sense for when it's needed and when it's not.

I had a little chuckle though when you're listing our skilled group. If that bloody Torres would come to play game in and game out, he'd have been a 40 goal scorer this year. Was easily the second most skilled guy up front until Samsonov got here, and while Samsonov and Hemsky I think are at their best on the PP, Torres can be an absolute beast 5 on 5. But as you say, thank goodness for guys like Pisani and Winchester because they've carried this team while Smyth's early struggles had him as ineffective and while Hemsky and Samsonov have only been noticeable on the PP.

Ah well, done my rant. Should be a great game tonight. Double OT+ would not surprise me in the least, so good thing it's an early start time.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote