View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #479
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Please Detroit, put in Cross, pretty please!

That guy was such a disaster here this year, and with how he and the fans parted ways, well, I'd expect a penalty or two just based on him trying to play outside of himself early on. You'd be much better served likely to insert him while in Detroit to remove the whole anger issue he has about how he was treated here.

As for the game tonight, I firmly believe that if Edmonton does not get into penalty trouble that they win tonight. If they continue to take stupid and/or lazy penalties, the Wings are going to cakewalk it right back to Detroit. The Oil have to use their speed and make the Wings react to them rather than the other way around. And please, somebody post the memo on the board about not putting your stick to an opposing players waist!

I just pray that if we can pull this off that tonight will be the last we'll see the Oilers play the trap. Not likely, but I can dream.

Oh, and Chelios, if the Oilers are up by 2+ late in the game, keep your head up buddy, you've got an entire series worth of karma coming your way (again, I hope).

I don't disagree with any of this. Well, except two points.

1) I am not as big a critic of Edmonton using the trap as most Oilers fans are. The Wings' used that Left-Wing Lock system to great success. While it's more fun to watch open, run 'n gun hockey, if you can win by implementing the trap, the press, the Finish Center-Back Forecheck Reverse, or whatever, by all means, do it.

2) Chelios has been a rock! He's been one of the Wings best players. While he has drawn a few rather questionable penalties due to his excellent acting abilities and crafty veteraness, what else has he done? Why do the people of Edmonton hate him so? Don't mention that Hemsky thing. That little baby-faced kid was flying in for the big hit and Chelios just politely got out of his way. That's it!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote