View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 06:18 AM   #460
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

man, what a game.
I was tense, sitting on the edge of my seat from about midway throught the second until the end. maybe that's the one bad thing about tivo - being able to fast forward throught he commercials and intermissions, meant that I had no break to destress a bit. when Sakic scored with .4 seconds left in the 2nd, I let out a huge yell...scaring the crap out of the cat in Christine's lap. she now has a "lower body injury" and is day to day.

great game. I really felt the 2nd period was the key. If we could get out tied, we'd be ok...and having the lead was just icing on the cake. Dallas may have owned the 2nd periods...but Colorado outscored Dallas 7-1 in the 3rd and OT periods, which is why this one's over.

Theodore has looked shaky at times, but improved dramatically after the 2 soft goals in game 4, and last night looked awsome. 85 saves in the last 2 games, a .944 clip. I don't know who we'll face in the next round, and I still don't have any delusions of grandeur, but I feel a little better about at least being competitive.

This is the 2nd straight playoff series against Dallas where the Stars played below expectations. The Stars' stars, if you will, just weren't very consistent. All had some flashes, but didn't have enough impact overall.

If I was starting a hockey team today, my first choice for goalie would be Brodeur. My 2nd would be Turco. Sucks to see him get this bad rep.