View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 11:35 AM   #241
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Another preview is up, this one is on teamxbox's site:

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/13...Head-Coach/p2/

It's a 3 page preview with mostly repetitive information, but a few new tidbits I got out of it:

- Steve Sabol chronicles key moments throughout your career. Having grown up watching old NFL films, this is a nice touch.

- The HC is only going to have good attributes on one side of the ball most of the time, making one of your Coordinators very important to the team's success.

- Related to that, coaches (both coordinators and position) will make suggestions on who should start, injuries, and who they think you should draft and sign in FA. Ignore them enough and you will erode their trust and they will seek to leave your team!

- Not entirely new, but a bit more info on this one. If you lowball a player multiple times, the agent representing him will remember. If you upset an agent enough, he might not negotiate with you in the future, or he might take a harder stance with you. This could potentially eliminate all of the players he represents. (I hope players will fire agents as well.)

- When you want to hire an assistant, you can interview them, asking them a variety of questions and seeing how they respond.

- Not completely new, but reportedly all assistant coaches currently under contract are in the game. Only Bill Parcells and Belicheck aren't in the game. GM's and owners are fictional.

- The coordinators and staff will make suggestions for trades and who you should take in the war room on draft day.

- Clarification of the draft scouting: You can scout at various times throughout the year. More scouting means that you will have a narrower range of "overall rating" but it will still be a range. If you don't scout a guy, the range could be very wide.

- The Off Coordinator and Def Coordinators will also be suggesting plays when you are on the sideline.

- "The Coaches Corner lists every statistic imaginable for every coach in the game." (Hopefully, that is actually a deep list of stats.) Also, stats for the 25 best coaches of all time are in the game to see how you compare.

The preview ends by saying it probably won't appeal to most mainstream gamers, but football strategists should love it.

I swear. This game sounds too good to be true. They are added a number of features I would have never expected. My pessimism tells me that it is going to be lacking in some areas. It just has to. There are so many things that you can do in this game that I can't imagine everything working smoothly in it first incarnation. I really hope they have been working on this for about a couple of years before anyone knew about it. Otherwise this will be the game I have been waiting for in almost a decade.