View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 11:59 PM   #324
DiG
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booj
What a game that Carolina-Montreal game was... I went from jubliation (up 3-0 after 1) to fear (3-2 after 2) to frickin heartbreak (4-3 Carolina less than 2 minutes into the 3rd) to relief (4-4) to jubilation again (5-4 Habs) to heartbreak again (5-5 with 1:30 to go) to excitement (3 PP's in OT) to fear (Carolina PP in OT) to jubilation (OT winner 2:30 into the 2nd overtime)

I was worried I wouldn't be alive to go to game three in Montreal on Wednesday night.

Crazy... Oh, and Kovalev in the playoffs is the best player I have ever seen in a Canadiens uniform. [edit: please note I am 20 years old...]

Hmph, I'd go for St-Patrick, but that's probably from watching the VHS of the '93 series over and over again all through elementery school (good times).

Anyway, it's not like I've seen Kovalev played these series since I'm in my finals, in a very stressed state, and parts of what I'm studying are the adverse effects that the added stress of something like a double OT could have on my fragile little body (actually, I can't understand how people go through that kind of stress).

And now, since we're winning against a team I didn't think we matched up well against AT ALL, I'm starting to believe myself. Add to that that I'm already booked to go to Europe during the Stanley Cup Finals, it's probably a lock that the Habs will win it all while I can celebrate a cup in Montreal like I've been dreaming of since I realized what I missed because of my age (I was 8 in '93 and wasn't allowed to watch the game until the end).

I'd take it still...
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote