View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #185
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Oh man, don't get me started on the Buffalo commentators. Worst in the league, in a landslide.

Other bad ones: Tampa Bay, Colorado.

and Boston. well, Brick anyway. Jack Craig has always been one of my favorite everyman-type pbp guys.

you know who I am really liking is Brian Hayward who did the Avs-Stars. I've only seen him a few times (basically when the Avs played the Ducks and a few NBC games). He's not perfect, but he seems to be one of the few analysts who isn't afraid to be critical of either team (paging Peter McNabb) and doesn't resort to the stock cliched observations.

Thinking about it, my three favorite analysts at the moment are probably Hayward, Greg Millen (when he has control of his cockiness) and John Davidson. all goalies. come to think of it, Chico Resch has his moments too, but he's not on par with those three.

There's some real turkeys out there too. Thankfully, I don't have to watch Terry Crisp or Denis Potvin very often, because I think it would make me insane. Jimmie Fox is only tolerable because I think he talks like Rick Moranis, so I just envision Moranis in Ghostbusters everytime Fox delivers his statement that sounds like a question.