View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #2575
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Vogel
Draft lottery results:

Looking at the results, I have to figure that Pittsburgh is hoping the Blues take Kessell or Staals and leave Eric Johnson for them at #2. I'm thinking you'd love to have a potential star defenseman to go with your franchise forward.

Obviously, I'll be interested to see what the Thrashers do at #12 (if they don't trade up ... or God forbid, trade down). In the last 3 drafts, from the top 3 picks, they've taken 6 D's, 2 F's, and 1 G ... which leaves me to wonder whether it'll be back to a forward this time.

I like the look of Ty Wishart among defensemen that might be available, but he's in the same big man mold as Manson, Coburn, and Valabik, so maybe that makes him (and Nigel Williams) less likely. There looks to be a lot of centers high on the ISS list, I'm not sure whether there's a lot to separate the ones ranked in the mid teens to mid 20's, so maybe a deal downward just a little isn't as bad an idea as I first thought.