View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 03:59 PM   #160
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Clinic is VERY slow today (probably due to most kids being out of town for Easter already.) So, I'm scouring the web and found a link to a VGsports newsletter about the game.

A few more things that I like which it mentions:

- Not only will you develop relationships with players, but also coaches, agents, and GM's. It seems if you somehow screw GM's over, they will be less likely to deal with you in the future.

- The range of player's "attributes" is never an absolute. They can go up as players develop and gain confidence. They can also drop if a player loses confidence, is injured, or is too fatigued.

- You set up and run practices including both team drills and 1-1 drills: Offense vs Defese, inside drill, pass skeleton, special teams, 1-1 WR vs CB, 1-1 OL vs DL, 1-1 RB vs LB.

- There is both RFA and unrestricted FA.

- You can only set strategies for guys when they are on the sideline (except the QB), but can be given for the next drive, quarter, or the game.

QB strategies: Focus on the deep pass or focus on short passing, focus on working the outside of the field vs across the middle, step up in the pocket vs take a deep drop, stay in the pocket vs scramble as needed, Use the pump fake to freeze the safeties vs don't use the pump fake, Avoid interceptions vs force the ball into tight situations, throw the ball quickly to avoid a sack vs Let the play develop, Throw it harder vs use more touch, Throw it high vs throw it low, focus on your #1 receiver vs spread it around, only throw it past the 1st down marker vs use the whole field. Wow, that is a lot of options for the QB.

OL Strategies: Force the defender inside vs Force the defender outside, Engage the defender vs let the defender come to the OL, Cut Block - yes or no.

WR options: Keep the DB on your inside arm vs cut inside and keep them outside of you, Use your agility to get open vs focus on using speed to get open, cut your routes short and try to jump for the ball vs don't break the routes off.

I'm not as excited about those last two options. However, you can just let them play with no specific instructions.

RB Strategies: Run into the designated hole vs bounce it outside, Stay low and use power vs use moves to try to break a long run, be patient and wait for the O-line to open a hole vs run hard to where the hole should be.

LB Strategies: Try for a big hit vs don't get beat deep, go for the pick vs just make sure you knock the ball down, focus on stopping the run vs focus on stopping the pass.

DB Strategies: Big hit vs don't get beat deep, stay to the inside of the WR vs stay to the outside, try to force the receiver to the outside of the field vs try to force them to the inside, go for interceptions or just make sure you knock the ball down, press vs give a cushion, focus on stopping the run vs focus on stopping the pass.

DL Strategies: Go for the big hit vs don't let anyone by you, rush to the inside of your defender or rush to the outside, focus on stopping the run or the pass.

Pre-Snap Options: You can dictate to the QB on any play what order he should make his reads while running the play. Also, you can order any of the QB Strategies that were already mentioned. You can also order Formation shifts or motion. Quite a few other options as well.

Anyway, my excitement for this game continues to grow which means I'll probably be very disappointed. Of course, I'm hoping that isn't the case.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-13-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote