View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #56
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I don't want to say that Nirvana was the best. band. evar., or even my favorite band of all time, but if you made me list my favorite albums or artists off the top of my head, they'd likely be the first one I'd mention.

Did Cobain's death make them larger than life? Sure, of course it did, that happens and its natural. But to say the band was terrible, or had no influence, is to deny the truth.

Cobain knew how to merge pop with punk/metal, and for a short period of time he produced some awesome and groundbreaking material. The fact that he was a douchebag in many aspects of life (including and most importantly his method of exit) should not diminish the work of the band. Pyramids were built on the backs of slaves by some a-holes in the truest sense, but you cannot discount the wonderment of the finished product based on that knowledge. It is what it is, and that's that.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote