View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #1652
Groundhog
Coordinator

The final 4 games were both terrible, sure, but I actually enjoyed watching the championship game. Outside of their games in the final 4 (which I barely managed to watch, and even then I wasn't paying much attention) I hadn't seen either of these teams play before, and I found it very interesting.

Florida flat-out shut down the lane, and it was interesting to see how much this affected UCLA. Without the option of going inside the Bruins offense stalled almost immediately, with only Farmar looking a threat to do anything.

Speaking of Farmar, he is a heck of a player IMO but he played a little recklessley at times - throwing up ill-advised 3s in the 1st half especially, when it was still close - but I guess you can forgive that because he was the only Bruin who didn't give-up after the first 5 minutes.

As for Florida, I doubt Noah will ever make a huge splash in the NBA unless he gains another 20lbs of muscle without losing his quickness, but boy is he a nice college basketballer... his timing for shot blocking is flawless and he made some exceptional passes too. I'm less enthusiastic about his scoring ability though. He makes some nice moves to the basket, but those little right handed hooks he likes to make seem to be his sole "move" from in close, and he'll need more than that to be a big time scorer.

I'm a little dissapointed because I was going to put some money on Florida before the game... I was rooting for UCLA, but I felt that Florida would just have too much firepower for UCLA - though I certainly didn't expect that Florida would win the game with their defense.