View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #53
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

A bit of a Pre-Excerpt from the Duke/Southern game later on this evening from Greensboro..

Billy Packer: “Oh, God, please! Please don’t let this happen! Please, God, please – please don’t let Duke lose.”

Jim Nantz: “You know, Billy. Speaking of ‘lose’ – America can’t lose if they watch the world premiere of ‘Locusts’ right here on CBS on April 24th.”

Packer: “Fouls! Fouls! Constant fouling! Duke is getting fouled all the time, even when they’re in timeouts but the refs aren’t calling it. It’s a crime, I tell you – a crime!”

Nantz: “If you don’t like crimes, Billy, then be sure to watch ‘CSI: Miami,’ Monday at 10:00 p.m. on CBS.”

Packer: “No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It’s over. They’ve lost.”

Nantz: “Sorry, Billy. CBS doesn’t broadcast ‘Lost.’ But I will say that Duke’s ‘Numb3rs’ just didn’t stack up tonight. It’s been an ‘Amazing Race’ for them though, but they’re ‘Gone Without A Trace.’”

Packer: “I don’t care what the scoreboard says. Duke is still the greatest team ever and Mike Krzyzewski is the greatest coach of all time.”

Nantz: “And before we go, viewers, please don’t forget to tune in to the premier of the critically-acclaimed new series here on CBS: ‘Billy Packer Has Zero Credibility, Not That I Do Either, But Why Must I Do Games With This Guy?’ hosted by me, Jim Nantz, beginning after the NCAA Tournament.”