View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 01:21 PM   #423
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Simon has a lot of control over the show, but as it evolves he has to be careful how he handles his comments and behavior or he risks generating huge number of votes just to piss him off.

It almost seems at times he'll use the entire show just to set up one comment, and I think he decided to go after Kevin last night. He was extra nice about mediocre performances from Lisa and Mandisa, was even pretty positive toward Bucky and tried to give Elliott a boost even though his chances are sinking like a stone.

But he was brutal with Kevin and when Kevin childishly replied, he was careful not to show any emotion one way or the other. He's letting the fans judge Kevin from his last words, and I suspect last night had a devastating effect on Kevin's voters. I really wouldn't be surprised if he went home tonight.

I don't know how long Simon can continue to control the show, but he's a lot smarter than he looks and I believe just about everything he says is carefully chosen to give his favorites a boost. I don't think he likes Kellie Pickler very much at all, and he was probably worried she could win. He's done a great job undermining her support.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote