View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 02:51 PM   #102
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

We don’t have no AC anymore…

At Fighting Crawfish Arena, 10795 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Fighting started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Justice - Gorostarzu, de Oliveira, Simic - Rossi, Danielsson, Kline, Woodson, Uddstad - Rannem , Darden.

Coyotes had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Rodsten - Bagwell, Madden, Säflius, Collins - Nilsson, Castaneda, Davis, Bech Jensen - Tait, Wilburn.

Zane Castaneda still has a lot to learn. Like for instance not to make half-hearted passes in front of Gustav Danielsson who now could score for Fighting. to 1-0. Gustav Danielsson celebrated by being both the perfect amount of cocky and funny all in one. Hornsmaniac_2 would be proud! Mikey Kline of Fighting received a yellow card in the 2nd minute for attaching a Crawfish to the coach of Vienna AC sack! A classic move! A great save by goaltender Mattias Rodsten in the 8:th minute kept the visitors in the game as Ivar “Why can’t my name be Ivan” Rannem struck from the left with a real cannonball. With 25 minutes played ”I am a big mean fire breating” Dragan Simic could have brought this one home for Fighting, had his hooked ball gone in, but he was just too high. Coyotes got a chance to level the score as Dean Wilburn suddenly found himself free with the goaltender but the finishing shot hit the bar. In the 27:th minute Coyotess Ronnie Bech Jensen received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. 1 - 0 was the half-time score. Fighting held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

Man, what a shot by José Javier Gorostarzu! Firing from 35 yards he didn't give the enemy goalie a chance and it was 2 - 0. In the 73rd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Gustav Danielsson dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for Fighting. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Fighting lead up with 4 - 0. Norbert Darden finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. The structure of the game started to change as Fighting decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Fighting made a substitution in the 79:th minute. Dan Woodson limped off the field and was replaced by Enrico Jimeno. A misplaced Crawfish may be the reason for the injury. The home side´s Enrico Jimeno came close to extending the lead in the 79:th minute. His shot came in off the right hand side but Mattias Rodsten managed saving with a fingernail. It was the only thing he did right all day. Fighting held the ball, with a clear 69 percent possession rate.

Most important Fighting player was Gustav Danielsson. Enrico Jimeno on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Coyotes player was without a doubt Bennie Madden. Anders 'Kope' Nilsson on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0.

We’re into money!

Well not quite, but the Fighting Crawfish are doing much better now. After this game the squad is only $350k in the whole. Plus the newest Youth Pull, Doug Justice is a very high inadequate keeper. He will be trained one week and sold.

The Post Game Press Conference

“This was a great victory for the boys today” said Coach “With the sale of a lot of players, the boys were worried that the team may start sucking Crawfish Balls. Now I would like to introduce the, hippest, freshest, dopest, and studliest Crawfish of the game, Gustav Danielsson.”

Lars-Olof “Chris Gaines” Uddstad grabs his boom box, hits play and lifts it above his head.

“Lets talk about sex baby, Lets talk about you and me…”

Gustav Danielsson walks to the stage and points to Lars-Olof “Chris Gaines” Uddstad and the music goes off. “Gustav would like you all to thank Gustav for the chance to watch Gustav play this game you call soccer. Gustav would like to thank Hornsmaniac_2 for showing me the ways of playmaking and making me more cocky and more funny than Gustav could have other dreamed of. Gustav would like to thank God for making everyone else so bad so that Gustav doesn’t have to try so hard and mess up Gustav’s hair. Gustav would like the ladies to meet him for some fun playing with my balls and I am not talking the soccer ones. Gustav would also like to ask ”You better guard your daughters or else they will be" Les "their" Cherry"s" to inspect this small rash on my leg…”

The conference ended and everyone left. The Afoci called Number Two over to him. “Number Two, tonight’s ‘friendly’ will be against The West Fargo Stangs won’t be so ‘friendly’. I want you to take them out. Blever_66 is the manager at my day job. Take out the squad!”

Tonight’s grudge match against The Stangs will be for bragging rights around the office. Many Crawfish have been stuck in his desk and "You better guard your daughters or else they will be" Les "their" Cherry"s" has been dispatched. We are not to worried about The Stangs as it is suspected that their owner is also the owner of a local gay club, and as he says, I am not only the owner, but a butt muncher. Kind of a weird statement, but he says it all the time…