View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 09:49 PM   #148
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I've heard of the Doobie Brothers, but I had no idea that McDonald was the lead singer. I am neutral on them. If that doesn't give me your seal of approval, I couldn't care the fuck less. I know music, I sing music and I write music. I certainly don't think everyone should have my taste in music, nor do I think they should think I'm good (even though I am ), but at least I DO something. You seem to think that just because you spend countless hours listening to music, you are some type of musical authority, and that has always bothered me (and others). I'm not saying your shouldn't be entitled to your opinion, but stop being so fucking condescending all the time.

I'm having my monthy "night of lots of wine" with mif (yipee), so right now I don't care what I say. If I'm being an even bigger ass than normal, I'm sorry, and I'm sure I'll apologize officially tomorrow.

Uh...OK? Got nothing to do with like and dislike, I was just amazed that you might not have heard of him and/or the Doobie Brothers. I don't really have an opinion on the guy myself - I can listen to his music without cringing, but don't own any of it. I'm not sure where you got that I was criticizing your taste in music - the comment was meant as "no matter what type of music you prefer, you've heard a lot of this guy during your life."

And for the record, I don't just listen to music, I've played it for 25+ years as well. Not that that really has anything to do with this particular issue, but since you felt the need to vent, I figured I should correct your misunderstanding. I consider myself knowledgeable (something less than "an authority") about certain types of music, but certainly not as to what's good and what's not. I mean, I know what I like and what I don't and am not afraid to share my opinions, and I know what professional music critics think about certain artists (sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't). But that doesn't mean that just because I think X band sucks that I think any less of someone who likes them. I've tried to make that point to the few people who have attempted to publicly call me out on this, but to no avail. And I'm sure this won't be the last time.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote