View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 09:01 PM   #142
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I was in Orlando at an insurance symposium/job hunt, so I missed this thread. I did get to see the shows, though. I thought Taylor had an off-night, and was still better than anyone on the stage. I love - freaking love - his tourette's syndrome yelps. I'm praying for him to give us a spontaneous "GODDAMMUTHERFUCKERWOOPYEAH!" during a live show. That would be the best TV moment of my life.

I was bummed to see Becky go. She's a maybelline girl waiting to happen. Apparently she sings, too.

Last year I fucking hated that Barbra Streisand wannabe chick and wished she would get canned every single week. Well, I've got my Mikalah this year...and it's Sway. First of all, what a fucking stupid gimmick - a one-name nickname, and a stupid one at that. Second, the guy can't sing. That song he sang...I'll admit that's not my scene AT ALL, but I fail to hear the difference between well done falsetto and the chipmunks. I heard a couple of people do the same thing during auditions that the judges laughed at. And the word "pimp" flew off my lips about 5 minutes before Simon uttered it. What a joke of a contestant he is. I can't find one likeable quality about him. He's even too short to take seriously. I think he was destined to be on my shitlist, if his parents subjected him to that piece of garbage song as an infant.

I can't wait for Bucky to go. Looking at his teeth makes me wince. And Kevin Covais is so bad that he's going to be around for a long time. I almost made him my Mikalah 2006, but I knew I would be destined to disappointment as he continued to sail through the voting.

Ace should just quit AI and join the next version of Backstreet Boys/98 Degrees/NSync. That's about all he is. Yes, he's good looking, and yes, he can sing. I'm thoroughly underwhelmed.

That Gedeon guy...he's right up there with Sway and Kevin on my unlikeable list. And once again, Simon and I were reading each other's minds when he commented about the guy's smile. His facial features are too hard, the lines too strongly drawn. He just doesn't look quite right. And I can't believe they gave him a free pass for singing Shout. That was weak. You'll be singing standards for the rest of the competition, pick something a little less of a staple next time. Sheesh.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-24-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote