View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 06:05 AM   #302
Vince
Pro Starter

Hoops, I will confirm that I only received the info on the 5 of us in the first square (E5), and nothing on anyone else in any of the square(s) I visited. Yes, I'm being ambiguous...I don't want none of you blokes finding the nice vein I found this afternoon. It should make me rich

I think tomorrow I'll be depositing my cash at the bank, and deciding who should be in my will...though I'm pretty sure I know who'll be the beneficiary if I get knifed.

I work tomorrow, and for a long shift. Just in case I can't get around, I'm going to throw a vote out there now.

There isn't much of a reason behind this one, other than the fact that he voted for me first, and he hasn't been vouched for being away from the scene of the crime at all. By my count, we have 9 people 'accounted for:'

I'm certain of these guys:
myself
hoops
Qwikshot
KWhit
path

Pretty Sure of:
AlanT

Somewhat sure of:
pennywisesb
saldana
ardent enthusiast

This isn't to say that none of these guys are pirates, or even that none of them are the one that killed SunDvls (they could have doubled back) -- but I highly doubt that they doubled back. Hoops confirms my sighting of the initial five, so unless we're in cahoots (hint: we're not), those five are safe for now. Alan claims to have been in a completely different square, and Pennywise confirms that, though Alan didn't notice Pennywise. Since we've noted that it is possible for people to not notice others (path and myself not noticing hoops in our second square of movement) while they are noticing you, this doesn't damn pennywise in the least. But we can't just assume that he's not throwing that out there as a red herring. Saldana claims that he was far from the scene of the crime, and that he saw ardent there too.

Since people can notice others without being noticed, saying "I was far from the crime, and I saw xxx" without specifying where you were when you saw the person is a pretty good way to stay undercover -- you have the blanket statement of 'I don't want to alert the pirates to where I was, and I'm sure xxx wouldn't want that out there either' to hide under, while at the same time it seems to proclaim your innocence, especially if 'xxx' claims they were far from the crime as well.

Right now I'm just thinking out loud, as I won't be back at the computer for a while. That all being said...

I vote Blade.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote