View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #448
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

[quote=Noble_Platypus]It appears we are infamous

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm...3&mpage=2&key=

Quote:
You obviously have a disdain for other football games and for the people who enjoy them.

This is complete nonsense or better simply a lie. When you look at some other forums like the infamous FOF boards you will see bashing about the game and even the developer is part of the campaigning against MF.

BTW KWhit is a hardcore FOF-fan. He has 4.367 posts on the FOF boards

(replying essentially to the person from the MF forum who posted that out of context there)

No. I'm not campaigning against MF. I've mentioned that I have a lot of respect for someone building a graphics engine on his own. I've shown him a lot more respect than he's shown for any of the text-sim developers.

All indie developers expand on the genre in their own ways. I poked a little fun in response to his comments that he exceeded FOF back in 1990, which is ludicrous - FOF would greatly exceed the memory capacity of any PC built at that time.

I studied graphics design in school. I often draw on my own, some of it makes it into my games. I am not a good drawer or modeller. The MF screen shots show things I'm never going to be able to do on my own. I know what it takes to do what he's doing and I certainly respect that.

I hope people support his game. He has his genre, and it's very different from the one I'm looking to fill. He also has no idea what it's like to really take some heat from customers. Changing his phone number because someone called him and asked about the release date? Posting that he considered cancelling the product several times in recent weeks? That makes me worry.

But I'm rooting for him. We need more indie developers, especially now when the popularity of consoles has just about eliminated any chance we have of putting our games on store shelves.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote