View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 07:23 AM   #406
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apatheric Lurker
First of all, from what I read over at the Matrix forum and the faq i am understanding this thing is gonna be a "football" simulator NOT an "NFL" simulator. If Dave said it was nfl or cfl based then yes all the concerns brought up about salary cap ,draft,finances etc are very valid.But he didn't. I persoally think that finances are very important but it's his call. It's his damn game afterall. Maybe someone will get a plugin financial simulator out there.

The reason this game is getting bashed so hard is because its last release date was a year or so ago (I forget the exact timeline, but I'm sure someone will correct me), and it was all "finished" and ready to go, but it was held up because Matrix wanted a career mode. Now that everybody is finding out how little substance there is to "career mode", they're trying to figure out what the holdup was.

Seriously, I've added on this form of "career mode" to someone else's sim in about 2 or 3 months programming on the side during college (attending full time) back when I had very little programming experience. So if the game was "finished" over a year ago, what exactly has been going on for the last year? And if he's really spent a year adding so little, how good could the rest of the game really be?

That's why everyone is having so much fun with the listed feature set for "career mode".