View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 04:30 AM   #12
stevew
Hall Of Famer

2 weeks before Christmas, my wife neglects to tell me that she agreed to make a "catch up" payment on a student loan that she was behind on. We proceed to use most all of her check on friday for christmas presents, I get paid on Monday and am gonna take care of the utilities, etc.

Well, the "suprise"(to me)student loan payment goes through on monday early morning, and it causes a massive chain reaction on my checking account. I check my statement online, and notice that the bank has conveniently re-ordered all of the transactions so that the biggest ones go through first(not in the actual order they happened).

Instead of just bouncing that student loan payment(which I paid for on monday) they bounce all these small transactions that were made before it. When I checked the balance online on my account on saturday, I had about 40 dollars in it, as all the ATM Visa transactions had posted from our shopping. Basically they stole over 200 dollars from me in bullshit insufficient funds fees(@35 bucks a pop), because their system likes to reorder transactions so that they can charge the absolute maximum amount of fees possible if your account goes below zero. When I talked to someone at the bank, they smiled about it, and basically said that there was nothing they could do about it.

Last edited by stevew : 02-04-2006 at 04:35 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote