View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
tarcone
Coordinator

#$##^$% Bank of America

My wife pays bill online using B of As online bill paying service. previously, she would pay early ( we get paid the 1st and 15th, so she paid before these dates) and nevewr had a problem because she pressed the payment goes out on a day after direct depisut happens, on the calendar. well, this month, she pays on the 31st and hits the calendar for feb 2. sure enough the money goes out on the 1st before our direct deposit hits the bank. all of the sudden we have $170 in overdrafts. OUCH.
So i call my local branch and she says you have to call the online banking number....uh-oh. I call on my lunch/plan time (i have from 11:02 to 12:32). i call the 800 number and am on hold for 15 minutes. finally get a person who dirests me to a bill paying person who gives me a differdtn story then my wifes (went out on the 30th with paynment on the 31st).
BAH, have to believe my wife. so the girl directs me to a customer service person who i tell my story to and i even admit that it was a shared mistake. she says i can do nothing because it wasnt a bank error (WHAT?). I ask for a supervisor and finally i get one. she seems simpathetic and even more so after we both talk to a bill payment person again and the error seems that it could be theirs. she says thanks to the girl and hangs up....ON ME!
ok it is now 11:55, so i have to call back. im hold another 15-20 minutes. i get a supervisor. she hears my story and offers to credit 4 of the 5 overdrafts but not the 5th because that would mean it was a bank error. so pf course i take that to save even more overdrafts due to outstanding bills.
I hate big banks. they are all about business and high interest rqates.
BAH!!!!

tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote