Thread: My reply...
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2000, 04:28 PM   #20
Upstate_New_York
Mascot

You have a good point Cards... Tony was wrong to post the news without official say from EA. If I had been Tony, in the excitement of the moment, I might have made the same mistake.

Even with acknowledging this, it does nothing to redeem the much larger mistake of EA making that link live in the first place!

If they'd been paying any attention to this community at all, they'd realize -that with all the adrenelin at bay waiting for the release of FOF2001- we'd become 24-7 gumshoes checking out all possible leads on EA's site. Any sprig of hope toward the game's final release OF COURSE would be found out immediately by our fam here at FOFCentral.

Tony jumped the gun with posting it on the front page... but he's human and excited for any news on FOF 2001. He's already deleted the game from his hard drive and admitted his mistake. I wish EA's reps would in turn fess up... and be equally as adult and forthcoming about their mistake.

MIJB: Excellent! That needed to be said... and it couldn't have been said more clearly and eloquently.

------------------
"Words are a dead give-away."

[This message has been edited by Upstate_New_York (edited 10-25-2000).]