View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #430
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek
I suppose it is a credit to the team that they've been so successful that their fans have annoyed everyone else this much. We'll see how it goes when the wheels finally come off that wagon. If you're going to dish it out the way a lot of Pats fans have been for a few years now, then you've really got to take it when you're no longer winning the big games.

You mean like how everyone has used the phrase "Bungles" for years and then started griping this year when Cincy finally got a chance to gloat? My problem is that teams like the Pats up until 2001 and the Bengals up until this year (and New Orleans right now) take a lot of junk, then become good, then everyone gets mad when their fans start throwing some of what they've been taking back at everyone else.

In other words, you guys are the ones who can't take what you've been shovelin'

I'll gladly take criticism of the Pats. Offense and special teams made some very un-Bellichik/Brady/Pats mistakes, and they paid for it. I feel really bad for the defense who played a heck of a game, really only surrendering the one field goal (1 field goal and 3 TDs given up off 3 turnovers and one pathetic blown call). I think New England had to do a lot of patchwork this season, and has some work to do in the offseason. They really need the magic to come back this offseason to overcome some of this past offseason's mistakes (Chad Brown, Monty Biesel, Duane Starks).

I've gained a lot of respect for Peyton Manning this season, and would have no problem with him representing the AFC. My problems over the past several seasons were due to everyone annointing him the second coming without him ever having WON anything (and immediately annointing his brother the same). Regardless of what he does this postseason, going 13-0 to start THIS season convinced me.