View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 06:29 PM   #20
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks BFleming.

When I imported the database in 1911, each team was assigned the stadium they played in, in 1911. As time moves on, new stadiums are added to the available list, and I am trying to switch stadiums to the proper one where I can.

Obviously when a team moves, it is hard to do, but I am selecting the modern stadium for the city they move to, or the modern stadium of the closest city to where they move....if that makes sense.

The league also imported FI and market size for each team. When a team moves, I give them a good FI, 25,000,000 in cash, pretty good TV deals, pretty good merchandising deals, and better than average markert sizes. I figure it is a good way to give these teams a boost, because they were moved for a reason....they stunk. This way, they are not helplessly stuck in a downward spiral which I have found OOTP could tend to do with bad teams.

Hope that answered your questions!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote