View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 02:35 PM   #1
QuikSand
lolzcat

OT: NWN Persistent Worlds

The more I fiddle around with Neverwinter Nights online, the more disappointed I have become with some of the downsides of playing on public servers. Just an awful lot of cheating, looting, predation, and stuff that doesn't interest me much. I am interested in playing occasionally in an environment that would allow me to become attached to my character, and actualy care about his potential successes and development.

Form what I have read, the best bet is to try to get into a persistent world server setup. It's slightly different than the run-of-the-mill servers that everyeon can log onto - they are frequently more complex, and more "professionally" monitored.

I've checked out one promising site, linked below:

Avlis Persistent World

I have filled out their application, and if approved will start mucking around in their site a bit. I will report back - perhaps a setting like this might be what it takes to spark a real FOFC party at some point? (They make a strong point about having their XP settings *very* low, so leveling up is a slow process, by design. That suits me well, but may not be for everyone.)

Anyway - just thought I'd give one more salvo in this issue... there seems to be a fair amount of loose interest in this. Maybe a more stable and deep setting could turn this into something work spending collective time on...

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote