Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   All My Rowdy Friends, Cut from MNF (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=82455)

A-Husker-4-Life 10-04-2011 09:44 AM

All My Rowdy Friends, Cut from MNF

ESPN pulls intro after Williams' Obama comments - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

No F'ing way...

This is one of the best intros ever..

stevew 10-04-2011 09:52 AM

I wish whomever made this call would stop acting like Goebbles.

JediKooter 10-04-2011 10:34 AM

Hank Williams Jr Godwin'd himself out of that job.

Toddzilla 10-04-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life (Post 2540849)
ESPN pulls intro after Williams' Obama comments - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

No F'ing way...

This is one of the best intro's ever..

We need a Grammar N....evermind

A-Husker-4-Life 10-04-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddzilla (Post 2540886)
We need a Grammar N....evermind

Fixed for your pleasure..

Schmidty 10-04-2011 10:55 AM

What an idiot that guy is.

Schmidty 10-04-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 2540899)
What an idiot that guy is.

Ok Yoda.

GreenMonster 10-04-2011 03:08 PM

What a joke..

Pumpy Tudors 10-04-2011 03:59 PM

wait what do you mean i cant
a) be promoted by a company that has millions of consumers and
b) say something publicly that a large number of those consumers will consider inflammatory and
c) keep getting promoted by that company

i dont understand how does this all work help

Ksyrup 10-04-2011 04:02 PM

I was supposed to open for Kathy Griffin, but SOMEONE directed her to my posts on this forum.

Pumpy Tudors 10-04-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2541152)
I was supposed to open for Kathy Griffin, but SOMEONE directed her to my posts on this forum.

lol ksyrup has to go sit with hank williams jr in the "i screwed up" corner

Ksyrup 10-04-2011 04:04 PM

I consider it an upgrade in the booty department.

Pumpy Tudors 10-04-2011 04:30 PM

WHY DO YOU HURT ME

JediKooter 10-04-2011 04:39 PM

Pumpy should do the song for MNF.

CU Tiger 10-04-2011 09:41 PM

meh....so if I agree with his point, and like his musical intro (hypothetically) I am supposed to what?
Boycott MNF?
No fawking way.

Crapshoot 10-04-2011 09:57 PM

I think if you agree with his point suggesting that Obama is analagous to Hitler, you have larger issues...

MacroGuru 10-04-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU Tiger (Post 2541830)
meh....so if I agree with his point, and like his musical intro (hypothetically) I am supposed to what?
Boycott MNF?
No fawking way.

I basically did that when it went to ESPN.....

JPhillips 10-04-2011 10:04 PM

He replied "true" when the Fox hosts said he compared Obama to Hitler. His apology today seems weaselly IMO.

He has a right to say whatever he wants, but I completely understand why ESPN wouldn't want to deal with the fallout.

TCY Junkie 10-04-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPhillips (Post 2541847)
He replied "true" when the Fox hosts said he compared Obama to Hitler. His apology today seems weaselly IMO.

He has a right to say whatever he wants, but I completely understand why ESPN wouldn't want to deal with the fallout.

I didn't think that was an apology, just explaining for people who like to assume things.

CU Tiger 10-04-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crapshoot (Post 2541840)
I think if you agree with his point suggesting that Obama is analagous to Hitler, you have larger issues...

I think if you think that was his point, then you are the one with larger issues.

Besides Germany prospered under hitler regime, no?

Mustang 10-04-2011 10:23 PM

I hope people pissing and moaning about this piss and moan when people compare other politicians to Hitler that are Republican.

If you don't, go fuck yourself.

Absolutely ridiculous to compare ANYONE to Hitler.

Tigercat 10-04-2011 10:28 PM

There are lots of enemy negotiating with enemy examples that he could have used. Do you really think that he just so happen to compare the guy he hates with the person most Americans see as history's great evil? That it was a coincidence? Maybe it was, but rational thought suggests otherwise.

Common sense says he wanted to compare Obama to something unfavorable, so he picked something unfavorable. You exaggerate and compare the US president to a genocidal maniac, you lose a job representing a US company. Very simple, and very understandable.

Tigercat 10-04-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 2541854)
I hope people pissing and moaning about this piss and moan when people compare other politicians to Hitler that are Republican.

If you don't, go fuck yourself.

Absolutely ridiculous to compare ANYONE to Hitler.

There were some freaks that compared Bush to Hitler back in the day, but we are mostly talking about over the top left wingers that protest as a career and don't have enough of a real job to ever represent anyone. I would hope if anyone in the public spotlight ever did/does it, they will feel repercussions.

Mustang 10-04-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigercat (Post 2541860)
There were some freaks that compared Bush to Hitler back in the day, but we are mostly talking about over the top left wingers that protest as a career and don't have enough of a real job to ever represent anyone.

People were comparing Scott Walker to Hitler here in Wisconsin. You bust out a Hitler comparison, any valid point you have pretty much gets ignored and you get put in the idiot column.

Mustang 10-04-2011 10:42 PM

On a separate german note, I really wish Herman Cain would rename his nine nine nine idea to something else...

just sayin. :)

molson 10-04-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigercat (Post 2541860)
There were some freaks that compared Bush to Hitler back in the day, but we are mostly talking about over the top left wingers that protest as a career and don't have enough of a real job to ever represent anyone.

Except for that Minnesota congressman.

You got to know your audience is all. A far left or far right representative, fringe media type, or non-working celebrity might be able to get away with it. But a corporate endorser/spokesman is going to get dumped for anything controversial. Tiger Woods got dumped by companies just for banging lots of skanks.

stevew 10-04-2011 10:49 PM

I'm pretty sure I can self determine my readiness level for American football without vocal prompting from a hillbilly.

molson 10-04-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2541878)
I'm pretty sure I can self determine my readiness level for American football without vocal prompting from a hillbilly.

I'm actually not sure whether I can yet, but Colts/Buccs were perhaps not the best test.

stevew 10-04-2011 10:50 PM

Dola

Faith Hill needs to say something dumb now, as well.

Crapshoot 10-04-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU Tiger (Post 2541852)
I think if you think that was his point, then you are the one with larger issues.

Besides Germany prospered under hitler regime, no?

Dude, I like you just fine - but Williams was comparing Obama to Hitler as his follow up shows. Shit, no one's suggesting you gotta love the president - invoking Godwin's law is ass stupid, and Williams is a dumb ass for it.

TCY Junkie 10-04-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crapshoot (Post 2541884)
Dude, I like you just fine - but Williams was comparing Obama to Hitler as his follow up shows. Shit, no one's suggesting you gotta love the president - invoking Godwin's law is ass stupid, and Williams is a dumb ass for it.

Dude, what about me. Do you like me?

Matthean 10-04-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2541881)
Dola

I thought that was The Dixie Chicks job?

CU Tiger 10-04-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crapshoot (Post 2541884)

To be fair, I am just pot stirring a bit here.
And I feel pretty sure HWJ was as well....heck it sure has made him more relevant in the national conversation than he has been since at least what, 1985?
With an upcoming congressional bid, in a pretty red state it could be a good tactic, as sad a statement as that is.

All that said, the schtick was getting a bit longin the tooth and I'm (along with most of America I assume) ready for a cange

Scoobz0202 10-05-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Dola

:rant:

TCY Junkie 10-05-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Dola

I do

mckerney 10-05-2011 12:05 AM

M GO BLUE!!! 10-05-2011 12:33 AM

Hank Williams Jr. gets to hang out with Gilbert Gottfied now.

Dumb & Dumber.

And Williams had ample opportunity to clarify his statement. He did. He made it more clear in followup questions that he considers the President of the United States to be equal to a man who thought the torture and murder of millions of people whose only crime was being Jewish, gay or any other obscenely stupid thing he could come up with was a reason to exterminate human lives.

Way to go Mr. Williams. Yee-fucking-ha.

TCY Junkie 10-05-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! (Post 2541927)
Hank Williams Jr. gets to hang out with Gilbert Gottfied now.

Dumb & Dumber.

And Williams had ample opportunity to clarify his statement. He did. He made it more clear in followup questions that he considers the President of the United States to be equal to a man who thought the torture and murder of millions of people whose only crime was being Jewish, gay or any other obscenely stupid thing he could come up with was a reason to exterminate human lives.

Way to go Mr. Williams. Yee-fucking-ha.

I know people who almost seem to brag about getting an unemployment check, people used to be embarrassed to do that. Too many people just don't give a shit anymore, feel they are entitled. The situation is so f'd up I don't even like to think about it much. The government has crippled the economy and this president only wants to make government bigger.

I just don't understand people being so political correct. If someone killed 30 people in a neighboring town would you dislike them less if they only killed your family. This is happening to our nation so I can see why people would dislike him even more than hitler.

I thought this was a discussion, why is everyone saying the same thing.

DaddyTorgo 10-05-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCY Junkie (Post 2541931)
I know people who almost seem to brag about getting an unemployment check, people used to be embarrassed to do that. Too many people just don't give a shit anymore, feel they are entitled. The situation is so f'd up I don't even like to think about it much. The government has crippled the economy and this president only wants to make government bigger.

I just don't understand people being so political correct. If someone killed 30 people in a neighboring town would you dislike them less if they only killed your family. This is happening to our nation so I can see why people would dislike him even more than hitler.

So you're doubling down on the dumber?

*Whoosh*

That's the sound of my opinion of you going down the toilet. Adios.

SirFozzie 10-05-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Because everyone agrees that comparing people to Nazis is a stupid thing to do, and is liable to piss people off? Well.. not quite everyone...

RainMaker 10-05-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Unemployment is an insurance you pay through your own wages (6.2% of your first $7000 paid in wages). This is like saying that filing an auto or health insurance claim is an entitlement. People who collect unemployment paid their premium. I don't know why anyone would be ashamed of that.

Quote:

It's not being politically correct, it's business. Michael Jordan had a quote that fits in perfect to the situation when asked why he didn't get political. "Republicans buy sneakers too".

ESPN is simply saying "Democrats watch Monday Night Football too".

CU Tiger 10-05-2011 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainMaker (Post 2541973)
Unemployment is an insurance you pay through your own wages (6.2% of your first $7000 paid in wages). This is like saying that filing an auto or health insurance claim is an entitlement. People who collect unemployment paid their premium. I don't know why anyone would be ashamed of that.

And now that benefits have been extended beyond 52 weeks....how much has been paid in?

Which leads to an interesting question, why cant we require some "work" for unemployment. Heck there is enough trash on road sides we could require everyone on unemployment to log say 20 hours a week doing community service type work...I bet that would A) benefit America and B) eliminate quite a few recipients if they actually had to you know, work for their pay.

Pumpy Tudors 10-05-2011 09:16 AM

now i dont understand how
1) people are insulting hank williams jr for saying something inflammatory and
2) i am agreeing with hank williams jr and
3) people are insulting me

please help me i failed propositional logic in school

Ksyrup 10-05-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Dola

Don't worry - I'm sure ESPN is working with Shania Twain to "rewrite" a Pat Benatar song to be the new opener for MNF.

Young Drachma 10-05-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU Tiger (Post 2541998)
And now that benefits have been extended beyond 52 weeks....how much has been paid in?

Which leads to an interesting question, why cant we require some "work" for unemployment. Heck there is enough trash on road sides we could require everyone on unemployment to log say 20 hours a week doing community service type work...I bet that would A) benefit America and B) eliminate quite a few recipients if they actually had to you know, work for their pay.

i've never been on unemployment buf I believe every state requires you to look for a job while you're on it. It's not welfare, as Rainmaker said you pay into it. Extended benefits aren't for people to live off "your tax dollars" bug rather to ensure they can keep the lights on/feed their families/themselves while they look for work.

This isn't a bygone era where that's necessarily an easy task, either.

A-Husker-4-Life 10-05-2011 09:43 AM

It's simple.. No prior work = No Unemployment pay..

Honolulu_Blue 10-05-2011 09:45 AM

I had no idea that MNF was still using this song as an intro.

cuervo72 10-05-2011 09:45 AM

They could call Pink.

King of New York 10-05-2011 10:26 AM

Are you ready for some Hitler?
A lebensraum party?
Operation Barbarossa
Let's get it kick-started.