Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   England vs Japan (spoiler warning - if you haven't seen the England v Japan match) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77988)

Marc Vaughan 05-30-2010 09:00 AM

England vs Japan (spoiler warning - if you haven't seen the England v Japan match)

England playing Japan, 87 minutes gone - 3 goals scored all by Japan ... score 2-1 to England.

Totally unrealistic ;)

PS - Despite missing his pen today Lampard actually has a 'reasonable' record at penalties for England, 4 in 6 ... not a great record, but considering the pressure not 'bad' (and his 'miss' today was actually a decent shot imho).

DaddyTorgo 05-30-2010 09:06 AM

2 OG's? yikes

PilotMan 05-30-2010 09:21 AM

It's a bug!

BYU 14 05-30-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PilotMan (Post 2291157)
It's a bug!

No doubt, can you patch this before the World Cup starts Marc?

Marc Vaughan 05-30-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU 14 (Post 2291158)
No doubt, can you patch this before the World Cup starts Marc?

Hey if I had anything to do with real-life soccer every goal scored by the opposition against England this world cup would be an og .. I consider it a bug that one went in the wrong end personally ;)

Ramzavail 05-30-2010 10:13 AM

I saw most of the first half and England was really sloppy. Missed the 2nd half and the 2 OG's but saw the score and was relieved (that they at least won). But doesn't sound like a really good performance at all.

And also, England's jerseys looked orange (and I knew that they shouldn't be wearing orange) to me on my TV, but my TV stinks so that could be it, but I found it to be a bit odd.

Marc Vaughan 05-30-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

I saw most of the first half and England was really sloppy. Missed the 2nd half and the 2 OG's but saw the score and was relieved (that they at least won). But doesn't sound like a really good performance at all.
They were pretty dire at times defensively - some bad mistakes all around, especially by Rio and Terry imho (who SHOULD be the best defenders).

The corner goal for Japan was well worked but imho should have been blocked by the man on the post (thats what he's there for after all).

On the plus side England looked MUCH more dangerous after the subs were made at half-time, suffice to say I'm not expecting Bent to be in the WC squad (he's a great club player but for some reason he doesn't seem to step up to the international level at all).

Lampard and Gerrard both looked competant without excelling, tbh I think a lot of the chaps were trying to ensure they didn't get injured to at least some extent.

Karlifornia 05-30-2010 10:35 AM

Good. I hope you guys continue to suck. We need all the help we can get.

tarcone 05-30-2010 11:49 AM

USA 4 England 0. Just a World Cup prediction.

Marc Vaughan 05-30-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 2291199)
USA 4 England 0. Just a World Cup prediction.

LOL :D

I personally think it'll be a tight match, I reckon England will clinch it though probably 2-1 - but if the US hold it goaless to half-time then England will start getting desperate to score and there's the chance England would well throw it way on the break, alternatively if England score early on and USA chase it then it could end up nasty.

Footballs a funny old game as they say ;)

Mizzou B-ball fan 05-30-2010 01:12 PM

England looking good in preseason.

INDalltheway 05-30-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan (Post 2291223)
England looking good in preseason.

First post by you in which I didn't want to punch you in the face... :p To be honest, actually made me LOL.

Mac Howard 05-30-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2291156)
2 OG's? yikes

They all count!

And a couple from you guys in the first WC game will be much appreciated ;)

Ryan S 05-31-2010 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2291156)
2 OG's? yikes

It's nice to see OG get an international callup after his excellent season with Manchester United. :)

ColtCrazy 05-31-2010 06:07 AM

I'm trying not to get sucked into the England hype. If things line up right, Argentina, Spain, Italy will all be on the other side of the bracket. Only Brazil is likely to be in the way before the Final. England should win the group, I don't know about the US finishing 2nd...depends on which team shows up.

Sgran 05-31-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 2291200)
LOL :D

I personally think it'll be a tight match, I reckon England will clinch it though probably 2-1 - but if the US hold it goaless to half-time then England will start getting desperate to score and there's the chance England would well throw it way on the break, alternatively if England score early on and USA chase it then it could end up nasty.

Footballs a funny old game as they say ;)

The US tends to play much better against football royalty (England definitely qualifies) than the teams more on their level. For that reason I'm really dreading our draw. We're going to play England tight (draw or lose a close one), and then lose to Slovenia and Algeria. If you don't believe me, then you must have missed our matches in recent years against Poland, Iran, and Ghana.