Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   OS Forum Mods? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77854)

Sun Tzu 05-18-2010 02:55 PM

OS Forum Mods?

Goodness...what's the deal with the mods over there?

Kodos 05-18-2010 03:02 PM

Get banned again? ;)

Passacaglia 05-18-2010 03:02 PM

They banned the mods?

Oh shit....THEY BANNED THE MODS!!!

Sun Tzu 05-18-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2285291)
Get banned again? ;)

Why, whatever do you mean?

There just seems to be a very distinct lack of...welcomed opinions. What's more, even if it's not an opinion, and you're just trying to "help out", the mods will take offense. It's just wacky. Lots of kids (mods and forum visitors alike) running around over there.

Young Drachma 05-18-2010 03:08 PM

I don't spend much time over there, but...I'm always surprised by the decorum of other message boards not connected to the text-sim community. I suspect OS has to keep their sponsors happy and having people trash games will make the random EA people or whoever else show up less likely to do so. Maybe it hurts their ability to get dollars, yo.

Sun Tzu 05-18-2010 03:11 PM

Meh, even so, I would understand if that were the case. I've seen people get celled for using the word "Jesus" before, claiming it was offensive. I'm guessing they will take anybody who is willing to dedicate the time to be a mod, which then gives kids with personal vendettas a reason to abuse their new banhammer.

Kodos 05-18-2010 03:13 PM

I know people complain a lot over there about not being able to say bad things about Madden. But on the other hand, there are plenty of people there who seem to have nothing but bad things to say about EA and Madden. All I know is moderating is not a job I would want.

GrantDawg 05-18-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2285299)
I know people complain a lot over there about not being able to say bad things about Madden. But on the other hand, there are plenty of people there who seem to have nothing but bad things to say about EA and Madden. All I know is moderating is not a job I would want.

I'd take it as a job, if it paid.

RainMaker 05-18-2010 08:35 PM

It used to be a great board. Unfortunately, some of the companies essentially "bought" out the mods and owners. They send out free game copies and take them on tours of the facilities. In return, they neuter the board.

It's not so much a message board but a marketing product for companies like EA.

DanGarion 05-19-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainMaker (Post 2285466)
It used to be a great board. Unfortunately, some of the companies essentially "bought" out the mods and owners. They send out free game copies and take them on tours of the facilities. In return, they neuter the board.

It's not so much a message board but a marketing product for companies like EA.

Am I safe to say EA games are [redacted] [/redacted] here?