Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Heh. Ochocinco scores a hit with some Tucker folks. (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77844)

Ben E Lou 05-17-2010 08:19 PM

Heh. Ochocinco scores a hit with some Tucker folks.

This Facebook status update pretty much says it all:
Quote:

Drew Ashby Chad Ocho Cinco flew my brother Mark Ashby out to LA (first class) to watch the taping of Dancing With the Stars. Food, lodging, transportation - Paid for. Hob-knobbing with celebrities? Done. Then, after he finished dancing, he walked across the stage and gave my brother a hug. All because Mark tweeted that he wanted to see the show when Ocho announced that he had tickets available. Crazy.
The wife had it on DVR and I had her rewind. Just watched and verified. Sure enough, Ochocinco went over and hugged Mark right after his dance tonight. They put the camera on him three or four times, too. Absolutely hilarious.

korme 05-17-2010 08:24 PM

This is nothing new, Chad is very generous and does these things all the time. He loves his fans.

Ben E Lou 05-17-2010 08:36 PM

So it's one thing when a random guy off the street takes a pic with a celebrity and posts it on the interwebs. It's something else when the celebrity does the posting.

Me and @markashby11 on Twitpic

Atocep 05-17-2010 10:35 PM

When you read about some of the things he does it's really hard not to like him. There's a lot of stories out there of him stopping in bad neighborhoods and taking kids on shopping sprees for school clothes, ect.

samifan24 05-17-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atocep (Post 2284936)
When you read about some of the things he does it's really hard not to like him. There's a lot of stories out there of him stopping in bad neighborhoods and taking kids on shopping sprees for school clothes, ect.

I didn't realize he did all of this until I started following him on Twitter. My opinion of him has changed immensely now that I hear stories like these. What a great guy.

Scoobz0202 05-17-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samifan24 (Post 2284944)
I didn't realize he did all of this until I started following him on Twitter. My opinion of him has changed immensely now that I hear stories like these. What a great guy.

Yea. I started following him on twitter awhile back. Same thing happened to me. He posts a lot of stupid shit. He really isn't the brightest guy in the world, but he has a big heart.

Neuqua 05-17-2010 11:54 PM

Agreed with the above posters. Following on Twitter has put him in a new light. Just seems like a genuinely good guy.

sovereignstar 05-18-2010 12:01 AM

child please

Pumpy Tudors 05-18-2010 07:30 AM

Yeah, he does all this "good" stuff, but he dances in the end zone, so I think he's an asshole.

Passacaglia 05-18-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2285027)
Yeah, he does all this "good" stuff, but he dances in the end zone, so I think he's an asshole.

You're thinking of Ickey Woods.

Radii 05-18-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2285040)
You're thinking of Ickey Woods.

no no we like ickey woods because he danced in the end zone. We don't like Chad Ochocinco because he dances in the end zone!

NorvTurnerOverdrive 05-18-2010 08:01 AM

his nfl films 'in their own words' episode is on hulu. it's good stuff. i never knew he and steve smith played on the same jc team.

Scoobz0202 06-01-2010 05:07 PM

hxxp://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/throughthearch/entries/2010/05/31/chad_ochocino_gives_little_boy.html