Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Best Running Shoes (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77819)

Raiders Army 05-15-2010 09:23 PM

Best Running Shoes

Since high school, I've mostly run in Asics. For the most part, I've stayed away from Nike. I had one pair of New Balances and they lasted forever, but they were heavy.

On the Biggest Loser and the Ultimate Fighter, I noticed that they wear Asics. Just wondering what everyone else thought.

Greyroofoo 05-15-2010 09:30 PM

My supervisor at work (he's big into running) wears Asics and he turned me onto them.

Fidatelo 05-15-2010 09:47 PM

I've only run in 3 pairs of shoes, a pair of Reebok's, a pair of Saucony, and my current Nike. The Nike's are the best so far.

That said, most of the experienced runners I know say that it depends hugely on your foot shape, and also on the model (not just make), and even version of the model (ie if they make changes between one year and the next). I've heard people say they bought 3-4 straight pairs of the same brand/model of shoe, then the company modified them slightly and they hated them.

spleen1015 05-15-2010 09:50 PM

I have bought 2 pair in my life and they were both Asics. Both times, I went to a runner's specialty store and they helped me pick the right pair.

Celeval 05-15-2010 10:24 PM

I've run in a number of different brands and keep coming back to Nike. That said, I echo spleen - go to a specialty store where they know what they're talking about.

samifan24 05-15-2010 10:44 PM

I love New Balance. I can't wear Nike because they're cut too narrow.

Scarecrow 05-15-2010 10:45 PM

I'm a Mizuno man. The reason is because they have size 12 1/2, and fit my foot perfectly (which I found out when I went to a specialty running shoe store).

Currently running in Wave Rider 12's. Before that, it was the Mizuno Speed Trainer's.

digamma 05-15-2010 11:24 PM

I agree with what others have said about going to a specialty store. it isn't so much about the brand, as the style and features. I'm on my fourth or fifth pair in a row of Adidas Adistar Cushion 6's. They are getting harder and harder to find because Adidas has moved on in brand. It's literally been a good run.

mckerney 05-15-2010 11:31 PM

The pair of Nike Free that I have are the best running shoes I've ever owned.

MrBug708 05-15-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digamma (Post 2283951)
I agree with what others have said about going to a specialty store. it isn't so much about the brand, as the style and features. I'm on my fourth or fifth pair in a row of Adidas Adistar Cushion 6's. They are getting harder and harder to find because Adidas has moved on in brand. It's literally been a good run.

This. Most dedicated running stores will watch to see how you run and make suggestions based on your style. It isn't about what looks nice, what brand you use, or the price that will dictate what you wear.