Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Gallup Well Being Index- How are we doing? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77619)

Tim Tellean 04-29-2010 08:41 AM

Gallup Well Being Index- How are we doing?

Interesting Gallup data. You can see how we are doing as a nation or state by state. I'm still combing the data but its interesting to look at the Dec 2008 point in relation to Jan 2009 and how through all this bad economic times we're still feeling better then late 2008.
Official blip "The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index™ has been developed to provide the official measure for health and well-being. It's the voice of Americans and the most ambitious effort ever undertaken to measure what people believe constitutes a good life."

hxxp://www.well-beingindex.com/

lordscarlet 04-29-2010 09:39 AM

Of course. No District of Columbia. F this survey.

Tim Tellean 04-29-2010 12:07 PM

Washington DC isn't a state. :)

I just sent them an email asking that question and also about all US territories.

BTW-I'm in Northern Va. so I understand your frustration.

lordscarlet 04-29-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Tellean (Post 2274934)
Washington DC isn't a state. :)

I just sent them an email asking that question and also about all US territories.

BTW-I'm in Northern Va. so I understand your frustration.

Don't get me started. :)

And, besides, it is listed on all of the other metrics on the Gallup link, except for the Well Being Index. Even if not a state, it is part of the United States of America. More so than territories.

claphamsa 04-29-2010 01:03 PM

:funkychickendance:your not important enough to vote... why would you be important enough for us to care about your well being?

lordscarlet 04-29-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2274975)
:funkychickendance:your not important enough to vote... why would you be important enough for us to care about your well being?

Don't poke the animals! :)

Tim Tellean 05-03-2010 09:05 AM

A reply to lordscarlet

From the Gallup folks this morning an explanantion of no DC.
Quote:

While Washington D.C. is not included in the individual state report findings because its not a state, individuals from this area are representative in the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index sample and; thus, overall findings. You can take a look at this area by reviewing the Virginia, Maryland or other neighboring areas. Visit Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index - Findings: City, State & Congressional District Rankings.

lordscarlet 05-03-2010 09:44 AM

That appeases me some. :) (Being able to see the DC metro area as compared to other metro areas)

Greyroofoo 05-03-2010 11:25 AM

I never knew how much life sucks for me until I read the numbers for my city.