Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2010 Rate My (and yours) Fantasy Baseball Team Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77229)

bigdawg2003 03-30-2010 12:09 PM

2010 Rate My (and yours) Fantasy Baseball Team Thread

Sorry if I missed a thread covering this kind of thing.

10 team mixed league head-to-head, 5x5 scoring

C - Kurt Suzuki
1B - Billy Butler
2B - Dustin Pedroia
3B - Pablo Sandoval
SS - Troy Tulowitski
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Andrew McCutchen
OF - Adam Jones
Util - Chone Figgins
Bench - Denard Span
Bench - Geovany Soto
Bench - Martin Prado
Bench - J.J. Hardy
Bench - Franklin Gutierrez
SP - Adam Wainwright
SP - Cliff Lee
SP - John Danks
RP - Chad Qualls
RP - Billy Wagner
RP - Chris Perez
P - Gavin Floyd
P - Carlos Zambrano
P - Jon Rauch
P - Scott Kazmir

Yeah my saves are a little iffy, but I had a strategy of waiting until after my first 10 picks before drafting closers, but right before my 11th pick there was a run so I had to reach for Qualls and Wagner. That being said I think I'll be at least average in that category.

Also, this is the first time in years I've done head to head instead of rotisserie for baseball, so I leaned heavily to guys who gave me a little bit of everything in each category. Was that the right idea?

Scoobz0202 04-25-2010 10:00 AM

In a standard yahoo head-to-head league I have Pelfrey on the mound tonight. I am winning the head-to-head 7-1, with a lead in ERA (1.66 vs 2.72) and WHIP (.97 vs 1.08). Should I bench Pelfrey against the Braves and just keep my lead or should I try and go for the 8-1 victory. On 21 innings pitched from my team it is probably pretty easy to lose that WHIP lead isn't it?

sterlingice 04-25-2010 01:50 PM

That WHIP lead looks awfully precarious. I'd bench him and stick with what you have. You only have 21 IP for the week?? Isn't there a minimum innings requirement in the league?

SI

Scoobz0202 04-25-2010 02:27 PM

I looked and the commish has it set at 20. I don't know if that is the default Yahoo setting or not.

I have Cliff Lee and a couple reliever on the DL that I am just waiting to come back. This week I got a great start with my first few starters and Papelbahn(sp?) giving me a few innings and that was it. My other couple starters I benched throughout the week instead of letting them ruin what I have.

What is the typical min ip in most leagues?

sterlingice 04-25-2010 03:56 PM

Usually it's 35 (7IP x 5 starts- 1 for every pitcher). In the league I run, it's 42 but we also have an extra SP spot. If you have it too low, you could just go grab a couple of ace pitchers, maybe a couple of relief aces, and never draft another pitcher the rest of the time.

SI