Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Anyone else really sick? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77190)

stevew 03-26-2010 03:49 PM

Anyone else really sick?

I tell yah, I haven't felt this bad maybe ever

Monday-I feel pretty bad, think it's just a bad reaction to an extremely greasy papa johns pizza(this kind of stuff doesn't sit well with me)

Tuesday-Feel okay in the morning. By late afternoon I am in a major GI funk, and really feel like I'm burning up. Tuesday night I sweat so much I have to wash the sheets cause you can just tell they weigh like a couple pounds extra

Wednesday-feel better by early afternoon. By the end of the night, though, I don't feel great anymore. I really want to vomit, but I don't have anything in my stomache.

Thursday-A nurse friend I know temps me at 102.5. Apparently I recognized i was hot, but obviously 102+ is rediculous. I start pounding tylenol

Today-wake up really early(630) and run some stuff to erie. I feel okay, just obviously not 100% yet.

So i think I'm like out of the woods finally, hopefully anyways. Essentially I've subsisted off of G2 and water the last 48 hours, as the concept of any food makes me want to vomit. I did have a bagel last night, which was calm.

I guess I'd have gone to the doctor on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I kept waking up and feeling noticeably better.

Greyroofoo 03-26-2010 03:55 PM

I'm sick in the head

Coffee Warlord 03-26-2010 03:58 PM

Sounds like food poisoning.

Greyroofoo 03-26-2010 04:02 PM

Probably

Dominos is so much better than papa johns anyways

DataKing 03-26-2010 04:06 PM

Minor food poisoning. The "real deal" is much worse than you described.

Coffee Warlord 03-26-2010 04:14 PM

Yes. Yes it is.

Once is all it takes to be terrified about getting the real deal ever again.

stevew 03-26-2010 04:22 PM

Yeah. I was thinking food poisoning from this Chinese buffet I went to on Monday for lunch. But I've eaten there several times before and never had a bad reaction.

I lean more towards sickness as I don't think food poisoning would carry such a high temp 3 to 4 days afterwards. That's what my RN friend said anyways.

Glengoyne 03-26-2010 04:28 PM

I don't think the fever is indicative of food poisoning. Something Fluish sounds the more likely candidate.

I've been sick off and on for close two plus months. This damn respiratory thing won't go away. From Mid Jan to Late Feb. Then I had a couple of weeks where I felt continuously good, only to crash into another respiratory funk with a terrible cough and now a lost voice. This week I dipped into vacation time for sick time. I don't think I've ever used all of my sick time in a year, and now it is all gone in the first quarter.

lungs 03-26-2010 04:36 PM

A week ago I was horribly sick after I got back from Phoenix. Coming out of both ends at the same time if you get my drift. Couldn't even keep water down. That lasted a couple of days and I've been fine ever since.

Rizon 03-26-2010 04:38 PM

PIG AIDS

MJ4H 03-26-2010 04:38 PM

Stomach bug. I had it on spring break last week and I'm still not quite over it.

lordscarlet 03-26-2010 04:42 PM

I am at the end of two weeks of being pretty damn sick. But it was a head cold type sick. Lots of coughing and mucus.

chesapeake 03-26-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordscarlet (Post 2253270)
I am at the end of two weeks of being pretty damn sick. But it was a head cold type sick. Lots of coughing and mucus.

I've got that to. It's probably your fault, since you live in the same metro area.

FBPro 03-26-2010 08:50 PM

Stomach bug is going crazy, I had 5 friends and family have it(including myself) in the past week.

kingfc22 03-26-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lungs (Post 2253265)
A week ago I was horribly sick after I got back from Phoenix. Coming out of both ends at the same time if you get my drift. Couldn't even keep water down. That lasted a couple of days and I've been fine ever since.

Had the same thing about 3 weeks ago.

Chief Rum 03-27-2010 01:33 AM

As long as you don't go to the Enchanted Pizza Palace, you should be fine.

Logan 03-27-2010 07:22 AM

I had either a stomach virus or food poisoning back in December (caused me to cancel my Florida trip for the Rutgers bowl game). I went through about 6 hours of throwing up...couldn't even get water down, it would come right back up. My brother in law called in a prescription for Zofran (Ondansetron), which is used to treat nausea/vomiting and is a small tablet that dissolves on your tongue so there's no need for water if you can't hold that down. Made me feel better from the nauseous side almost immediately.

RendeR 03-27-2010 11:24 AM

I feel like utter shyte today, been lingering for a few days but today, holy hell. I think someone hit me in the head with a 2x4 and the stuffed my sinuses with concrete.

lordscarlet 03-29-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesapeake (Post 2253282)
I've got that to. It's probably your fault, since you live in the same metro area.

I also spend a day with my dad every weekend in Falls Church, so I was in the same city.

CrimsonFox 03-29-2010 10:24 AM

Aye sounds like food poisoning alright. In a completely dissilimar case recently I had pink eye. Either the viral kind or the batcerial. Not sure which. NEver had it before but will say that having things happen to your eyes is HORRIBLE. Little pains and discomforts are magnified to the nth degree. Plus it was all swollen and crusted and runny. Wasn't pretty. Not to mention the fever.

Sun Tzu 03-29-2010 11:19 AM

Apparently this stomach bug has made it's way to the Hawaiian islands. I've been f'ed up for the last 2 days...same thing with me too. I seem to get gradually worse as the day goes on.