Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Steven Seagal: Lawman (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=75785)

JonInMiddleGA 12-03-2009 10:18 PM

Steven Seagal: Lawman

I'm really close to having words completely fail me after watching 20 minutes of this. Steven Seagal Lawman - A&E TV

Damn.

RainMaker 12-03-2009 10:30 PM

I watched it last night. I would comment but it left me speechless as well.

JS19 12-03-2009 10:37 PM

I love the part when he's trying to help the guy with his pistol qualification and he's talking all this martial arts spiritual mumbo jumbo and he's like "The key is, try nothing, just don't try". Not verbatim, but something along those lines.

Tigercat 12-03-2009 10:39 PM

Heh, funny watching Segal patrol the streets near the schools I work at acting like he is in the middle of a giant warzone. Made me feel a little bolder when I went to work today... The Westbank of Jefferson Parish, an area so hostile only Steven Segal can save it from destruction!

JonInMiddleGA 12-03-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS19 (Post 2178270)
and he's like "The key is, try nothing, just don't try". Not verbatim, but something along those lines.

That's pretty damn close (that's the episode I saw first).

JonInMiddleGA 12-03-2009 10:42 PM

I think what makes this for me (aside from making Dog look like Masterpiece Theater) is that Seagal appears to be so punch drunk himself that he's almost like watching a drunk cop. Slightly slurred speech, slight accent, late middle aged paunch.

About all that's missing I think is him using the phrase "unleash the fucking fury".

Apathetic Lurker 12-04-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigercat (Post 2178272)
Heh, funny watching Segal patrol the streets near the schools I work at acting like he is in the middle of a giant warzone. Made me feel a little bolder when I went to work today... The Westbank of Jefferson Parish, an area so hostile only Steven Segal can save it from destruction!

Chuck Norris wouldnt need a tv crew to save that area from destruction

JonInMiddleGA 12-09-2009 04:55 PM

Seagal is the most watched premiere episode in A&E's history

Media Life Magazine - For A&E's 'Seagal,' all the right moves

The two episodes that aired last Wednesday averaged 3.5 million total viewers. Encouragingly for Seagal, the second episode’s viewership built slightly, placing it at No. 10 for the week for all cable shows among viewers 25-54 and No. 11 among 18-49s.

The episodes were also cable’s highest-rated reality shows for the week. The next-highest was the second-season premiere of A&E’s “Hoarders,” which had set a channel record in adult demos for a season premiere only two nights before.

thesloppy 12-09-2009 05:20 PM

I heart Seagal. I loved the 'Seagal Vision', where the camera would pause on some 'action' on the street, outline something mysterious in a bright white light too show us the power of Saegal's eagle vision, as Seagal lurches to look out the back window, blurting "Wassat!? He's putting something in his pants!".

For half-a-second I was wondering whether he was in on the joke, or whether the people producing this thing were just laughing their asses off at him. Turns out, he is the producer. Point being, I'm sure plenty of people making the show are still laughing at him, but he probably gets some form of control/say over the final product, and he thought this shit was golden.

ISiddiqui 12-09-2009 05:21 PM

This is the best thing since Gary Busey was on TV!

JonInMiddleGA 12-09-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISiddiqui (Post 2182701)
This is the best thing since Gary Busey was on TV!

Not a bad comparison now that you mention it.

FTR, I think he does come across as sincere & reasonably genuine. It's just that there's comedy gold in that sincerity.

molson 12-09-2009 05:51 PM

Between this and Jersey Shore, we are truly in a golden age of television.

BYU 14 12-09-2009 06:46 PM

How is it possible his acting here is worse than any of his movies??

Still, I have to admit I am hooked, from his "life lesson" speeches he gives everyone he encounters, to watching him become completely blown up after a 20 foot jog or demonstrating a wrist lock three times....It's on the tivo to do list!

He is obviously out of shape and over weight now, but I never realized how tall/big he is....or do they just surround him with 5'7" deputies?

DanGarion 04-15-2010 01:38 PM

Wow Seagal is in trouble...

Kayden Nguyen sues action star Steven Seagal for sexual assault, employing her as his 'sex toy'

http://reporter.blogs.com/files/seagal.pdf

Above the law? 'Sex toy' model sues Steven Seagal

Mizzou B-ball fan 04-15-2010 01:55 PM

Yikes. Some pretty hefty accusations there.

Greyroofoo 04-15-2010 04:04 PM

Pretty shady accuser though.

Steven Seagal Accuser Boasted 'I Can Manipulate Men'

Also the fact that she's only after a civil trial and not a criminal one raises my eyebrows even further.

JonInMiddleGA 04-15-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyroofoo (Post 2265116)
Also the fact that she's only after a civil trial and not a criminal one raises my eyebrows even further.

Gee, ya think?

Greyroofoo 04-15-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 2265117)
Gee, ya think?

Apparently so, that's why I posted it.

molson 04-15-2010 04:29 PM

I thought Steven Seagal's utilization of sex slaves was common knowledge.

JonInMiddleGA 04-15-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyroofoo (Post 2265121)
Apparently so, that's why I posted it.

That was meant as "the royal 'ya'", not you specifically. Figured that would be clearer, maybe not though.

stevew 04-15-2010 05:22 PM

I don't think she can Nguyen this case.