Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Season 2: My name is Earl: What happened? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=53228)

14ers 10-06-2006 11:25 PM

Season 2: My name is Earl: What happened?

Did they get new writers or something? Is Earl himself now writing the stories or doing the producing?

I could not believe how bad this weeks episode was. It was like the writers spent so much time describing the freaks during the week that they forgot to actually write a story. The story just seemed to bounce from one random idea to another. I am still trying to figure out why the MArlee Matlin side story was there? And, do not even get me started on that sappy ending.

In the famous words of Comic Book Man; "Worst Episode Ever"

ISiddiqui 10-06-2006 11:38 PM

Huh... let me disagree entirely. I loved the episode. Thought it was brilliantly written and enjoyed it immensely. I like the fact that they got away from the 'formula' of Earl decides to do something on his list, its harder than he thinks, he eventually gets it done by the end.

14ers 10-06-2006 11:42 PM

And that feel-good ending?

ISiddiqui 10-06-2006 11:44 PM

Like 'Earl' has ever liked a dark ending? There have been plenty of feel good endings in the show... Hell, the entire show, since the beginning has been a feel good show... just with rednecks.

Raiders Army 10-06-2006 11:49 PM

I like My Name is Earl this season. This past episode was pretty funny from the "It's so soft" (the beard) to Joy's encounter with the deaf public defender. The only thing that I see that has changed is the ongoing Joy's three strikes story that is ongoing throughout the season so far...which may not necessarily be a bad thing.

I will never jump for Joy. When I jump, I jump for Earl.

KevinNU7 10-07-2006 09:05 AM

I'm waiting for him to get back to his list but I don't think it's bad

Swaggs 10-07-2006 10:36 AM

It is a shame because I really like all of the actors in this show, but, more often than not, I think the episodes are subpar (although I really liked the Y2K one).

Eaglesfan27 10-07-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army (Post 1267115)

I really enjoyed that episode. The others have been decent.

AlexB 10-07-2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army (Post 1267115)
I like My Name is Earl this season. This past episode was pretty funny from the "It's so soft" (the beard) to Joy's encounter with the deaf public defender. The only thing that I see that has changed is the ongoing Joy's three strikes story that is ongoing throughout the season so far...which may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Not getting series two here yet, but I would definitely jump Joy... wait, that wasn't what you were saying was it :o

Glengoyne 10-07-2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts (Post 1267572)
Not getting series two here yet, but I would definitely jump Joy... wait, that wasn't what you were saying was it :o

I liked the episode Thursday, and didn't note a dark ending. Did I turn away too soon?

Oh and the "Jump" story setting up the "I'll never jump for Joy" line was a high point for the series.

14ers 10-12-2006 11:30 PM

I liked the Cat episode much better this week.

Also, has anyone seen the maid this year?

MrBigglesworth 10-13-2006 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ers (Post 1272982)
I liked the Cat episode much better this week.

I saw her up on stage bouncing up and down in her underwear to House of Pain for an entire episode. Where were you for that one???

Raiders Army 10-13-2006 05:40 AM

This one was an okay one. Randy has the best lines:

"It's like when my mouth got all funny when I ate that cotton candy in the attic."

Toddzilla 10-13-2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ers

No maid, no watchy. Thanks for the tip.

gi 10-13-2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army (Post 1273066)
This one was an okay one. Randy has the best lines:

"It's like when my mouth got all funny when I ate that cotton candy in the attic."

My fiance and I enjoyed that one too. I'm hoping they will tone Randy down a bit. I really enjoy his lines, but I'm fearful they will over do it. The boombox segment was great, with True Colors being played after...classic!

moriarty 10-14-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ers (Post 1267098)
Did they get new writers or something? Is Earl himself now writing the stories or doing the producing?

I could not believe how bad this weeks episode was. It was like the writers spent so much time describing the freaks during the week that they forgot to actually write a story. The story just seemed to bounce from one random idea to another. I am still trying to figure out why the MArlee Matlin side story was there? And, do not even get me started on that sappy ending.

I'm starting to come over to your side. I dont' know why, but the episodes don't seem to be as sharp this season.

Raiders Army 11-05-2006 09:00 AM

Bump.

The cat episode got me because they totally ignored the first episode of the series. If Randy had wanted the cat lady he should have called dibs. For some reason they chose to ignore what they had previously established with the pilot.

TazFTW 12-02-2006 02:32 AM

Loved the chicken crap game.

"Do you think you can help me build a pinata shaped like some actress named Selma Hayek? Catalina doesn't like this Selma woman, she just always wanted to hit her with a stick."

Raiders Army 12-02-2006 07:25 AM

Did anyone else think the episode cut off rather suddenly? I didn't even see a "To Be Continued..."

gi 12-02-2006 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army (Post 1322886)
Did anyone else think the episode cut off rather suddenly? I didn't even see a "To Be Continued..."

I was at least expecting Randy an Earl in bed for a parting segment. Almost like they forgot something.

cartman 12-02-2006 09:21 AM

Seeing Catalina in her stripper's outfit went a long way towards redeeming season 2 for me...

:D

lynchjm24 12-02-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartman (Post 1322914)
Seeing Catalina in her stripper's outfit went a long way towards redeeming season 2 for me...

This is why I have a DVR.

Raiders Army 12-02-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartman (Post 1322914)

Especially when she was running from the cops.

kingfc22 12-02-2006 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army (Post 1322982)
Especially when she was running from the cops.

The obligatory pix pls k thx

Raiders Army 12-02-2006 04:10 PM

pix don't do it justice. You need to see video. I looked on youtube, but there wasn't anything there. You can watch the episode on NBC's website.

TazFTW 12-09-2006 01:38 AM

Best episode(s) of the series!

The recap of Catalina getting arrested, Mexican Earl and Randy, Joy on happy pills, "I'm Yin, you're Yang. Yin is nice and Yang's a bitch", Time After Time in spanish, WOLVERINES!