Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Anyone else get scammed by Streamtvnow.tv or streamtvnow.com? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=53074)

14ers 10-01-2006 07:43 AM

Anyone else get scammed by Streamtvnow.tv or streamtvnow.com?

I receieved the link second hand from a member here. Apparently some other member here was PMing people this secret site's location during the preseason.:rolleyes:

He said I could watch NFL games on my TV just like NFL sunday ticket. I paid my money for the NFL season and was able to watch the last week of preseason. Not high quality TV, but better than listening to the games on the radio. Now that the regular season has begun all I get is a server down message every weekend.

Week 1 - I received a busy message
Week 2 - They said the server was down for an upgrade
Week 3 - The server was just down, no explanationwas ever given.
Week 4 - Yesterday, Saturday the server went down again and is still down.

Their site is up during the week, but just always seems to go down for me on Saturday and Sunday. Is there anyway that they are somehow blocking users from certain countries(USA) from using their site on the weekend?

So far this has been a complete Scam.

Raiders Army 10-01-2006 07:50 AM

How much money was it? I find it hard to believe that a board member would do this...unless it was one that is either new or doesn't participate much in discussions.

Dutch 10-01-2006 08:02 AM

$3.95 per month. Isn't that illegal?

14ers 10-01-2006 08:16 AM

It was only like $15 for the 3 months, but I am still dissapointed that I have yet to watch a single regular season game and my team's season will be 25% over after today.

Dutch, can you access the site from Germany right now?

Dutch 10-01-2006 08:29 AM

streaming nfl games? isn't that illegal?

Coder 10-01-2006 08:39 AM

I tried signing up during the middle of this week but was told they don't accept any new members.

I think they might have signed a bit too many members and are paying for it in bandwidth problems right now. The first action was to shut down new registrations, and the second one will probably be to stabilize for current users.

I know for a fact the service worked great last year, but with more people learning about it this year I guess they've been overwhelmed.

jaygr 10-01-2006 08:48 AM

From what I've heard it is not a scam, though people are saying it seems to be having issues currently. Take it for what its worth.

Masked 10-01-2006 10:48 AM

What do you expect when you buy a service that is illegal?

Raiders Army 10-01-2006 10:52 AM

This whole deal is strange. How can it be legit? Wouldn't NFL.com offer this service instead? Anyhow, 14ers has two posts but he's received PMs...that is strange as well unless he has a dup account.

Logan 10-01-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masked (Post 1261968)
What do you expect when you buy a service that is illegal?

Glad someone said it.

FrogMan 10-01-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army (Post 1261969)
This whole deal is strange. How can it be legit? Wouldn't NFL.com offer this service instead? Anyhow, 14ers has two posts but he's received PMs...that is strange as well unless he has a dup account.

his account was created in October 2006 and we're october 1st, so, dup it has to be...

FM

Raiders Army 10-01-2006 11:01 AM

Then the question is why post this message under a dup account. My guess is because he knows it's illegal then.

Dutch 10-01-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 1261970)
Glad someone said it.

Agreed. Sounds illegal. :)

FrogMan 10-01-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army (Post 1261974)
Then the question is why post this message under a dup account. My guess is because he knows it's illegal then.

we are guessing the same thing...

FM

Raiders Army 10-01-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutch (Post 1261975)
Agreed. Sounds illegal. :)

Why'd you edit your posts?

mrsimperless 10-01-2006 11:26 AM

Definitely sounds illegal. However, your options are very limited if you don't have Direct TV. I wouldn't morally object to someone subscribing to this service who didn't have Direct TV. I think the NFLs exclusive deal with Driect TV is complete BS. I would be an annual subscriber if I could get the service through my cable provider.

Dutch 10-01-2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army (Post 1261980)
Why'd you edit your posts?

To be on the winning team. I'm a fair weather fan when it comes to illegal shit. :)

dervack 10-01-2006 12:49 PM

Yep, it's illegal. Just like torrent sites. On the front page of the webpage, it says that it's illegal to get broadcasts that you normally wouldn't get, so the person who is whining about losing money for signing up for a site that says if you don't normally get the broadcasts, you're getting it illegally, is a bit of a whiner.

dervack 10-01-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsimperless (Post 1261985)
Definitely sounds illegal. However, your options are very limited if you don't have Direct TV. I wouldn't morally object to someone subscribing to this service who didn't have Direct TV. I think the NFLs exclusive deal with Driect TV is complete BS. I would be an annual subscriber if I could get the service through my cable provider.

Same here. In fact, I was under the impression that Direct TV would soon be letting go of the stranglehold on this soon, but it seems not.

14ers 10-01-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army (Post 1261969)

Either I have no PMs or I do not know how to access them.

Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0

Unless someone has some how logged into my account and deleted them somehow.

If anyone knows how to access this site, via a backdoor or something please PM me.

As far as being new to this site, Yes I am. This is my first ever post here. I am generally not in to text sims.