Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   So... (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=40452)

Izulde 07-05-2005 08:18 PM

So...

Okay, I was supposed to go to a Gin Blossoms concert up at Summerfest in Milwaukee with Tricia, Tom (Tricia's bf), and Dreams tonight, right?

Dreams was due to work till 11, so probably couldn't make it, but said she would call if she could get someone to cover for her.

Tricia I called earlier to confirm yesterday's okay and to finalize plans with. Got her voicemail and left a message asking her to call back. I said we should probably leave around 7 or 7:30.

It's now 8:15 and neither one has called. I can't go to the concert because I have no other available ride, unfortunately.

A couple of people on another forum I've been updating with this story have recommended that I stop by Dreams's work place when she gets out and asking her if she wants to hang out and stuff.

Good idea or is that being too clingy/stalkerish?

Draft Dodger 07-05-2005 08:21 PM

sounds like a lot of work to go see the freaking Gin Blossoms.

Desnudo 07-05-2005 08:24 PM

First reaction is that I wouldn't, but what's the deal with her again? I remember you posting something in another thread about it. I would take the not going to the concert as a blessing in disguise since being the third wheel is not usually very fun.

hhiipp 07-05-2005 08:25 PM

Is it possible they didn't call back because they. . .

found out about you?

Sun Tzu 07-05-2005 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhiipp
Is it possible they didn't call back because they. . .

found out about you?

gold

DaddyTorgo 07-05-2005 08:29 PM

Gin Blossoms rock man. well, cept since the one member OD they've kinda...mellowed too much I think. But still...quality. I have New Miserable Experiences around somewhere, but can never find it. One hell of a quality album!

Izulde 07-05-2005 08:30 PM

DD, the concert's out by now. Like I say, it starts in an hour and even if I could get a ride up there, at this point, by the time I got there, a good portion of the set will have already been played.

Desnudo, basically she's a chica I've liked for quite a while now, but have never told her about it. We've hung out a time or two and have talked several times.. In fact, she worked at VS during the holiday season. Good point about the third wheel thing... I've had that crap happen too much to like it much, even when I'm platonic with the girl. And I'm not as fussed as I would be about the whole thing since I've seen Gin Blossoms in concert before and it was the best I'd ever been to.

:D Good one hhiipp.

Whispers at the bus stop
I heard about those nights out in the schoolyard
I found out about you
I found out about you

Izulde 07-05-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
Gin Blossoms rock man. well, cept since the one member OD they've kinda...mellowed too much I think. But still...quality. I have New Miserable Experiences around somewhere, but can never find it. One hell of a quality album!

Yeah the time I saw them was in my hometown when they were doing their reunion tour. It was an amazing performance.

Best part of it was that when it started, it was the day before my birthday. When I left, my birthday had started. :D

Ksyrup 07-05-2005 08:35 PM

Yeah that dude who died wrote all of their music. Not quite the same anymore.

Izulde 07-05-2005 08:46 PM

Okay I've decided to say fuck it. I'm calling my buddy and seeing if he wants to dash over there real quick before it closes and get some ice cream... Then I'll explain what happened and why I'm not at the concert and see if she wants to do something after she gets out of work.

ThunderingHERD 07-05-2005 08:50 PM

Current mood?

Izulde 07-05-2005 08:56 PM

Current mood: Fucking pissed at my buddy.

Bastard punked me by saying, "Sorry I just settled in for the night. Can't do it."

Bloody hell, it's not even 9. It wouldn't take more than a half-hour, 45 minutes.

And the ninny has been begging me to help him with the girl he's been trying to get with, which I have been, even when he doesn't listen to a lot of the stuff I tell him.

Now I'm tempted to tell him to get stuffed on that.

And I officially declare the night turned to shit.

Heh, it's amazing what days that start off with promise turn into in the end.

Philliesfan980 07-05-2005 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izulde

Bastard punked me by saying, "Sorry I just settled in for the night. Can't do it."

Bloody hell, it's not even 9. It wouldn't take more than a half-hour, 45 minutes.

And the ninny has been begging me to help him with the girl he's been trying to get with, which I have been, even when he doesn't listen to a lot of the stuff I tell him.

To be honest, it doesn't really seem like the girl is making an effort to hang out with you, which might be a sign in itself.

Desnudo 07-05-2005 09:27 PM

Quote:

If you want to go, go by yourself anyway. Bringing a friend along won't exactly cue the violins when she sees you.

Izulde 07-05-2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
To be honest, it doesn't really seem like the girl is making an effort to hang out with you, which might be a sign in itself.

Eh, you may be right. There was that fireworks thing the other night, but yeah...

And as far as the going over there thing is concern, that'd be a hike of about three or four hours, considering it's 20 minutes away by car.

She lives and works in the suburbs, I live in the city.

DanGarion 07-05-2005 09:52 PM

FWIW, I say the Gin Blossoms a couple months ago and they rocked... still.

Philliesfan980 07-05-2005 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangarion
FWIW, I say the Gin Blossoms a couple months ago and they rocked... still.

Yeah, this thread made me go back and dig out my old CD. Really good stuff, also ran across a Dishwalla CD in there too, why can't there be more bands like these today? Any suggestions?

Philliesfan980 07-05-2005 10:06 PM

Quote:

Eh, you may be right. There was that fireworks thing the other night, but yeah...

And as far as the going over there thing is concern, that'd be a hike of about three or four hours, considering it's 20 minutes away by car.

She lives and works in the suburbs, I live in the city.

Don't worry about it. Plenty of fish in the sea. Sometimes playing hard to get on some level will give you an indication on whether the girl likes you or not. If everything is coming from your side, it probably isn't worth it.