Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   "What the hell do your pets look like?" thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=38955)

JeeberD 05-16-2005 08:00 AM

"What the hell do your pets look like?" thread

We saw a few of your dogs in Olie's new puppy thread a while back, so lets see what else y'all have. Here are my two cats... :)

That's Dexter, a young, rowdy little bastard. He'll be a great cat once he learns to calm down some.

And this one is Kilangi (Kill-on-E)...he's much more of a lapcat than Dexter.

And here are both of the guys together...

And yes, I need to make the bed.

VPI97 05-16-2005 09:31 AM

This is Maya...she's a sweet, adorable kitty.

This one is Hokie. He's a grumpy bastard.

Poli 05-16-2005 10:32 AM

I'll have Charmin and Snuggles up tonight.

JeeberD 05-16-2005 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VPI97

This one is Hokie. He's a grumpy bastard.

LOL, he looks the part... :)

Ksyrup 05-16-2005 11:05 AM

I thought this thread said, "What the hell do your parents look like" the first time I read it.

I guess that's the next logical step...

stevew 05-16-2005 11:13 AM

Did JB start this thread?

"What the hell do your pets looks like?"

JeeberD 05-16-2005 11:15 AM

I have no idea what you're talking about, steve... ;)

sportsfan13 05-16-2005 02:45 PM

I'll have some cute pics up tonite of Slim & Cleo. They're our Jack Russell Terriers (mine and CleBrownsfan). We took them to a doggie fun day yesterday, so we have a couple cute pics of them! I'll make sure to post them tonite!

Joe 05-16-2005 03:39 PM

whats a doggie fun day?

Eaglesfan27 05-16-2005 04:53 PM

I'll try to get some pics of my cats up soon :)

Ksyrup 05-16-2005 05:01 PM

Lotsa cat people on the board, it seems. I've always been a cat person, and my wife a dog person, but we have one cat and two dogs now. And the cat is a bastard who pees on our carpets and is generally unfriendly, so he's making me look bad. The dogs are freaking annoying more than anything.

We have an overweight Chihuahua with diabetes and 2 other diseases, who is on a strict diet and makes it her life's ambition to get a hold of food from the cat, other dog, or us at any sensed moment of weakness, and an Australian cattledog mix that I have a love/hate relationship with. I named him Dante, because it fits.

I'll post pics tonight.

mhass 05-16-2005 05:13 PM

I'll try to post some pictures of my dog eating cats.

Desnudo 05-16-2005 05:32 PM

MacroGuru 05-16-2005 05:33 PM

I will get my rats up tomorrow.....

mhass 05-16-2005 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desnudo

Your Shorty looks a lot like Eli Manning. What do you feed it?

Franklinnoble 05-16-2005 05:35 PM

st.cronin 05-16-2005 05:37 PM

4 cats in my house. 1 is grey, 1 is grey tabby, 2 are creamy tortoise/tabby blends. The grey cat (Martin Luther) is incredibely docile and will roll around letting you pet him forever. Then he takes a nap. The tabby (Sufi) is kind of feral, but will nap in the crook of your knee if you're lying on the sofa, and sometimes she's even curled on my lap. Don't pet her, though. The 2 creamies (Pasta and Bailey) are both affectionate. Bailey likes to lay on women's breasts. Pasta uses voodoo to slay birds that fly past the windows as he gazes out.

Eaglesfan27 05-16-2005 05:43 PM

This thread has made me realize that we haven't taken any pictures of our cats since they stopped being kittens with the exception of one or two photos. In comparision, we have over 300 pictures of them as kittens. Here are a few of my favorites:

This is Sparky. He is named after the famous baseball manager, and his personality is very wild. He is a fierce defender of the home from "intruders" and he is extremely playful:

Rascal on the other hand has a genuine anxiety disorder I think. I've never seen a cat act so afraid of everything in my life. He loves us and is even more affectionate than his brother, but if we make any loud sudden noise of any sort, he will jump and run off for a few minutes:

Finally, here is one of my favorite pictures of them together:

Now, I really do need to take some pictures of them as adult cats. These pictures were all taken back at the end of 2003.

gottimd 05-16-2005 05:45 PM

I used to have a inflatable purple penguin, although I haven't seen it in some time. I think it ran away, I hope its okay.

Franklinnoble 05-16-2005 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottimd
I used to have a inflatable purple penguin, although I haven't seen it in some time. I think it ran away, I hope its okay.

Poli 05-16-2005 06:33 PM

Snuggles is to the left, Charmin is to the right.

Franklinnoble 05-16-2005 06:41 PM

Poli 05-16-2005 06:48 PM

Dupe.

terpkristin 05-16-2005 07:07 PM

My catalog of Oz pictures can be found at my flickr site at http://www.flickr.com/photos/terpkristin/sets/288540/ Here are some from the collection there. He's 2 years old now, I've had him since he was about 4 weeks old. edit 1: Why didn't my pictures show up??? edit 2: I put the pictures up into my personal webspace. Other oz pics can still be found at flickr.

This picture makes him look evil, because of the reflection of the flash in his eyes:

He hs gotten into the habit of playing in the toilet. This is why I got mad at my roommate for leaving the seat up all the time (well, seat and/or lid, depending on what he was doing...)

As much as he usually hates being photographed, I couldn't get him out of the way when I was trying to take a picture of my Nalgene bottle collection.

Finally I threw something into my room, so that's where he's looking in this one.

He's sometimes more of a dog than a cat, but either way, he's my little one. :)

/tk

JeeberD 05-16-2005 11:22 PM

Wow, Doc! Your Rascal and my Dexter look like they could be from the same litter!

Eaglesfan27 05-16-2005 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeeberD
Wow, Doc! Your Rascal and my Dexter look like they could be from the same litter!

Actually, I thought the same thing when I first saw Dexter.

The odd thing is that Sparky and Rascal are brothers, but they don't look or act similiar to each other in any way.

JeeberD 05-16-2005 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklinnoble

I should probably be thankful that this ain't showing up...

MacroGuru 05-17-2005 08:47 AM

Here are my snacks for everyones cats.....

The one on the left is Scooby and the one on the right is Snuggles (I did not name them, my kids did)

We tried to get a few pics of them running around together, but they did not want to hold still long enough, so I had to hold them for the pic...

duckman 05-17-2005 08:50 AM

Looking at all these cats makes me hungry for some Mexican food.

Raven Hawk 05-17-2005 08:52 AM

Here is the great fuzzy one, Kiowa.

this is what he looked like after he got shaved.

and here is his partner in crime, Montana. She just looks innocent.

Poli 05-17-2005 08:53 AM

YOU SHAVED KIOWA!!???

Suicane75 05-17-2005 08:54 AM

He's cute as a button but he's got some nasty claws.

Raven Hawk 05-17-2005 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
YOU SHAVED KIOWA!!???

Yeah, Kiowa needed to start paying his way, so we shaved him and made the clippings into a coat.

J/K Actually he was getting too matted and this was the least painful way for us to remove all the matting.

Poli 05-17-2005 09:07 AM

Poor guy. I'll say a prayer for him. :)

JeeberD 05-17-2005 09:39 AM

I like what you did with your fingernails, RH.

rkmsuf 05-17-2005 09:42 AM

Raven Hawk 05-17-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeeberD
I like what you did with your fingernails, RH.

Not nearly as nice as what I did with my toenails.

Franklinnoble 05-17-2005 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman
Looking at all these cats makes me hungry for some Mexican food.

korme 05-17-2005 10:55 AM

ill get some pics up if i have time to take some snaps next time i am home. i have 2 fat, lazy indoor cats and then a outdoor cat who is becoming lazy (sleeps in my dads slightly open drivers side window every night, doesnt chase around as many birds), and an outdoor cat who i'd be lucky to get a picture of - is deathly afraid that we won't accept him as a stray, runs away at the site of us even though we leave food for him.

sportsfan13 05-17-2005 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George W Bush
whats a doggie fun day?

It's like a big play date for Jack Russells. We drove to a breeder's home nearby and they host these doggie fun days twice a year. They have racing set up, agility courses (which are the hoops and ladder things), and lure racing. It's kind of crazy with all the dogs, but our two dogs are very well behaved and just want to have fun when they're there. They don't really pay that much attention to the other pups. It's a nice way to get the dogs great exercise and have them wore out for the rest of the day!! I've included a link to a site that describes it better. Trials are more competative than the fun days!

http://www.terrier.com/trial/trialmenu.php3

I also forgot to mention that I have a fire-bellied newt, named Gingrich! I'll take pics of him (or her) too!

Craptacular 05-17-2005 09:16 PM

I'll send some pics of my dogs if someone will host them.

Craptacular 05-17-2005 10:25 PM

finkenst has graciously agreed to host a couple of pics of our Siberian Huskies. One will be of Tiko, our blue-eyed boy, from last September when he was about 5 months old. The other is of Denali, our brown-eyed girl, and was taken a few days after we rescued her from an adoption agency in late December.

duckman 05-17-2005 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklinnoble

At least I made someone laugh with that remark. :D

AnalBumCover 05-17-2005 11:04 PM

duckman 05-18-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalBumCover

"Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!"

Craptacular 05-18-2005 07:26 PM

Thanks again to finkenst:

Tiko at 5 months

Denali at 8.5 months

sabotai 05-18-2005 07:44 PM

We now just have 1 Shetland Sheepdog, but last month we had two. Here they both are.

This is Candy. Taken last year.

This is one of Candy's favorite sleeping spots.

And this is Misty

And this is Misty after she got shaved last year.

Unfortunately, Misty died last month. It was rough for awhile. Coming home and there was just 1 dog when for the last 10+ years, it was two. Misty would have turned 11 this weekend. (Candy is 12 and is starting to go blind and deaf).

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 05-18-2005 09:06 PM

These are our puppy doggies. Both are rescued racing Greyhounds.

This is Pessa, short for Principessa. We adopted her about two years ago. She never raced, she couldn't make it past qualifiers - instead of running she'd stop on the track and roll in the dirt. She's a pack rat and loves to collect all the stuffed animals in the house. She hides them under her bed.

This is Dodger. We adopted her about a month after Pessa. Pessa was a little spazzy without other canines in the house. Dodger raced until she had a career ending accident at the track. She broke some toes and tore some muscles. Now she's content to chase after the squeeky toys at 4am.

gstelmack 05-18-2005 09:21 PM

Here is Sugar Bear (a rescue from a local organization) with our 2-year-old daughter Jackie:

Desnudo 05-18-2005 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craptacular
Thanks again to finkenst:

Tiko at 5 months

Denali at 8.5 months

Maybe it's just the camera angle, but was Tiko in the movie, "Damien?"