Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Does anyone know an operation that can connect my brain to my mouth? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77622)

sposfan 04-29-2010 11:07 AM

Does anyone know an operation that can connect my brain to my mouth?

Came home from work yesterday and noticed the wife's hair looked different, I *thought* it looked a little redder, but didn't say anything at first since I wasn't 100% sure, me being an idiot and all. We were outside later and then I noticed it was definitely redder than usual.

me: what did you do to your hair? (in a perfectly normal tone of voice)
her: I coloured it.
me: wtf did you do that for?
her: just to experiment and have fun.
me: what's wrong with doing that with other women instead?
her: silence
her: do you like it?

Now, what I wish I had said, what I really WISH I had said was "yes".

What actually came out was something that *might* have sounded like "I always wanted to have sex with Raggedy Ann" but possibly a little cruder.

Guess who got to watch sportscenter all by himself?

Why don't I ever learn?!?!? :D

spleen1015 04-29-2010 11:10 AM

No matter what you said, it would have been wrong.

MikeVic 04-29-2010 11:10 AM

And that's why the Expos are out of Montreal.

Mizzou B-ball fan 04-29-2010 11:12 AM

And we now know why the divorce rate is 50%.

Ronnie Dobbs2 04-29-2010 11:23 AM

sterlingice 04-29-2010 11:30 AM

See- I have the opposite problem. I need something to build in about a 2 second delay between my brain and mouth :D

SI

DaddyTorgo 04-29-2010 11:33 AM

LMAO

Raggady Ann...LMAO

Subby 04-29-2010 11:39 AM

send her to cuervo

Shkspr 04-29-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sposfan (Post 2274879)
Guess who got to watch sportscenter all by himself?

Why don't I ever learn?!?!? :D

Learn what? I'd kill for the chance to be left alone in peace to watch SportsCenter. No, if my wife and I had had that conversation, we'd be watching about six episodes of NCIS in a row, followed by an encore presentation of "Sydney White (now on DVD!)". After she kicked my ass, of course, because, you know, she's built like Terrell Owens.

SirFozzie 04-29-2010 11:53 AM

I'm reminded about the old old old Doonesbury strip touring Ronald Reagan's brain, and about the vocal end run that he was famous for.

Something like "Normally, the unconscious mind comes up with something, the conscious mind filters it and edits it as necessary, and then it goes out. In Reagan's brain, occasionally something from the unconscious brain will make an end run straight to his mouth, and come out"

Icy 04-29-2010 02:00 PM

Reminds me past year, when we had a friend's weeding on Saturday. Friday night, my wife told me she wanted to go to the hairdresser to get pretty for the wedding that was on Saturday afternoon.

Saturday morning I went out to the gym and after that to do some shopping. When i came back home, i saw her in the kitchen cooking, we talked some stuff and then i asked, btw, when are you going to the hairdresser? the wedding is this afternoon... and she answered... i went already...darling...

Luckily she knows i'm not the guy who pays the most attention to aesthetic :)

M GO BLUE!!! 04-29-2010 03:26 PM

The only thing I think you can do to purge this from her memory is to look her directly in her eyes, smile tenderly and tell her how fat she looks.

SackAttack 04-29-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 2275018)
Reminds me past year, when we had a friend's weeding on Saturday. Friday night, my wife told me she wanted to go to the hairdresser to get pretty for the weeding that was on Saturday afternoon.

Saturday morning I went out to the gym and after that to do some shopping. When i came back home, i saw her in the kitchen cooking, we talked some stuff and then i asked, btw, when are you going to the hairdresser? the weeding is this afternoon... and she answered... i went already...darling...

Luckily she knows i'm not the guy who pays the most attention to aesthetic :)

Who knew Spanish women liked to get all dolled up for gardening? :D

sposfan 04-29-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shkspr (Post 2274926)
Learn what? I'd kill for the chance to be left alone in peace to watch SportsCenter. No, if my wife and I had had that conversation, we'd be watching about six episodes of NCIS in a row, followed by an encore presentation of "Sydney White (now on DVD!)". After she kicked my ass, of course, because, you know, she's built like Terrell Owens.

Never said it wasn't a win-win situation! :)

Icy 04-30-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SackAttack (Post 2275062)
Who knew Spanish women liked to get all dolled up for gardening? :D

ROFL had to re-read it a few times to understand the joke, ok, edited :)

Greyroofoo 04-30-2010 11:39 AM

nice to see sposfan finally upping his post count

Autumn 04-30-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 2275512)
ROFL had to re-read it a few times to understand the joke, ok, edited :)

lol, try again?

sterlingice 05-03-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! (Post 2275057)
The only thing I think you can do to purge this from her memory is to look her directly in her eyes, smile tenderly and tell her how fat she looks.

Awesome :D

SI

Mac Howard 05-03-2010 01:04 AM

I think you're lucky to get to that last statement. I don't think I'd have been allowed beyond "wtf did you do that for?"

Sgran 05-03-2010 06:44 AM

I actually pulled a variation of the old Elvis line "a little less conversation a little more action" with my wife (with even less subtlety than the king) when we first started dating. She's never let me forget it, but my opinion is you should never censor great art.

sposfan 05-03-2010 07:13 AM

Let's just say, that in the 10 years that we've been married, I've set that expectation bar mighty low.

This way, when I miss it (which is a lot more often than not), it's not by that much! :)