Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Is there a doctor in the house - ear help (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77486)

Pyser 04-20-2010 12:31 PM

Is there a doctor in the house - ear help

hey guys

in my soccer game last night a ball being crossed hit me square in the right ear. dead on. it immediately started the high pitched ringing for a few minutes, then i couldnt hear anything at all.

by the end of the night sound returned, but it sounded underwater (i can hear my own voice in my head, hear my heartbeat, hear me snapping fingers, but its all muffled, like my ear is in a pool). its still like that this morning.

should i be worried? do i need to (first find, and then) see a doctor?

also, SPEAK UP. i cant hear you.

cartman 04-20-2010 12:36 PM

IANAD, but from your description you might have a ruptured ear drum. Time to head to the doc to get it checked out.

lordscarlet 04-20-2010 01:28 PM

Maybe it's a tumor.

Rizon 04-20-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartman (Post 2268166)
IANAD, but from your description you might have a ruptured ear drum. Time to head to the doc to get it checked out.

+1

Should be ok in a few weeks, but might as well visit the doctor and get some sweet meds you can sell for a few bucks to high school kids.

tyketime 04-20-2010 01:42 PM

Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard...

nyuck nyuck nyuck :D

Pyser 04-20-2010 02:22 PM

thank guys. if its not better tomorrow, and i have no reason to think it will be, ill make an appointment

ruptured ear drums sound horrible, til you read they repair themselves in a month or so.

Rizon 04-20-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyser (Post 2268353)
thank guys. if its not better tomorrow, and i have no reason to think it will be, ill make an appointment

ruptured ear drums sound horrible, til you read they repair themselves in a month or so.

Or your fucking ear falls off during sex.

MacroGuru 04-20-2010 03:09 PM

I would go to the Dr. pretty much as soon as possible...it depends on the severity of the rupture. Mine was so bad they had to basically force the ear to heal itself...

I can give you the story, I think I have posted about it once or twice on here before...but just think needle in the ear canal and one of the hooks they use to scrape your teeth with picking at the rupture.

Pyser 04-20-2010 06:32 PM

i saw an audiologist quickly today because they were close. she looked in and 2 seconds later told me to go see someone, so she referred me to someone im seeing at 8 in the morning. seems ruptured, hopefully not too bad.

wade moore 04-20-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordscarlet (Post 2268272)
Maybe it's a tumor.

An amazing, amazing joke for two.

Thread winnar.

cartman 04-20-2010 08:08 PM

knew that First Aid merit badge would finally pay off :)

BigDPW 04-21-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyser (Post 2268543)
i saw an audiologist quickly today because they were close. she looked in and 2 seconds later told me to go see someone, so she referred me to someone im seeing at 8 in the morning. seems ruptured, hopefully not too bad.

Hope things are going well. Any update?

I ruptured my ear drum when I slammed the side of my head into the water pretty hard trying to land a barrel-roll knee boarding as a teen... Hurt like a sum-b*tch for a few days and the worst was I couldn't ski/kneeboard the rest of the summer...

Pyser 04-21-2010 04:18 PM

yeah, saw a doctor today

ruptured ear drum, as everyone though. not much can be done. dr thinks itll heal on its own in a month, just have to keep it dry. no swimming, plug the hole showering, etc

can still play soccer though. and get to take some fun hearing tests soon