Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Racism Barometer Check - with picture! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77732)

DanGarion 05-07-2010 06:24 PM

Racism Barometer Check - with picture!

1 Attachment(s)
What is more racist?

Here is more info.
From Jezebel Act Like A Vietnamese Prostitute, Get Free Edamame
hxxp://jezebel.com/5531513/act-like-a-vietnamese-prostitute-get-free-edamame

JediKooter 05-07-2010 06:27 PM

This poll discriminates against trouts...

DanGarion 05-07-2010 06:30 PM

Damn I knew I forgot something.

Sun Tzu 05-07-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2279613)
This poll discriminates against trouts...

Especially rainbow trouts.

Sun Tzu 05-07-2010 06:32 PM

you should be banned for this

DanGarion 05-07-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Tzu (Post 2279621)
you should be banned for this

I would accept a banning but not for this.

Autumn 05-07-2010 10:02 PM

I picked Cinco de Mayo because I don't think the Sushi bar one even makes sense. But I suppose on second thought that makes it even more racist. I blame the beer.

Drake 05-07-2010 10:31 PM

This only qualifies as racist in the same sense that half the episodes of Family Guy are racist.

Both fail because they're not funny enough by half.

Greyroofoo 05-07-2010 11:08 PM

stevew 05-08-2010 01:26 AM

If those chicks wanted a fake mustache, I'm sure someone here would have offered to give them a free dirty sanchez.

Oh, and I guess it was dubunked, but how didn't we have a thread here about the sex tape that alledgedly had Sandra Bullock getting a dirty sanchez from Jesse James(in full nazi uniform)

Karlifornia 05-08-2010 01:27 AM

This is an odd poll. Just doesn't make much sense, really. I'm not saying everything has to make sense, but these are two "News of The Weird" type fluff stories that will be forgotten as soon as they're told.

M GO BLUE!!! 05-08-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Displaying pictures of people celebrating Cinco De Mayo with fake mustaches and sombrero?

The sombreros look real enough to me.

EagleFan 05-08-2010 11:03 AM

If the question is "which is more racist", how can there be an answer of "both"?

DanGarion 05-08-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 2279779)
If the question is "which is more racist", how can there be an answer of "both"?

Because there is, dammit.

EagleFan 05-08-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGarion (Post 2279809)
Because there is, dammit.

:D

DanGarion 05-08-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlifornia (Post 2279719)
This is an odd poll. Just doesn't make much sense, really. I'm not saying everything has to make sense, but these are two "News of The Weird" type fluff stories that will be forgotten as soon as they're told.

Well if you want the background story. There was a story about the restaurant offering the discount and I quipped a remark about people getting their panties up in a bunch and the world being so worried about being politically correct. And then I started to get attacked because I'm white and I don't know what it's like to be made fun of, etc etc. Then a prevalent Southern California Mexican advocate/journalist questioned if I would mind if a local Southern BBQ restaurant would come out with a "Pickaninny Special". Later that day I saw that the newspaper that he writes for posted pictures of a Cinco De Mayo event they held, and just thought how strange it is that one thing is offensive and racist while the other is not.

Does that make any sense?

RendeR 05-08-2010 01:43 PM

No, can you explain that middle part again?

Marc Vaughan 05-09-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGarion (Post 2279812)
And then I started to get attacked because I'm white and I don't know what it's like to be made fun of, etc etc.

Was rather racist of him to presume that imho ;)

You should have claimed Irish heritage at that point and then gone on about the potato famine and how the irish were reviled by everyone ..... that might have shut him up.

Noop 05-10-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGarion (Post 2279812)
Well if you want the background story. There was a story about the restaurant offering the discount and I quipped a remark about people getting their panties up in a bunch and the world being so worried about being politically correct. And then I started to get attacked because I'm white and I don't know what it's like to be made fun of, etc etc. Then a prevalent Southern California Mexican advocate/journalist questioned if I would mind if a local Southern BBQ restaurant would come out with a "Pickaninny Special". Later that day I saw that the newspaper that he writes for posted pictures of a Cinco De Mayo event they held, and just thought how strange it is that one thing is offensive and racist while the other is not.

Does that make any sense?

That's enough to snap at you. History does not favor you.

Grammaticus 05-10-2010 10:22 PM

I can't make a final decision until you post a picture of the "me love you long time".