Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   R.I.P Brittany Murphy (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=76036)

saldana 12-20-2009 01:34 PM

R.I.P Brittany Murphy

odd that a 32 year old girl goes into full cardiac arrest...i thought she was funny, and pretty hot too.

Actress Brittany Murphy dies at 32 of heart attack: report

claphamsa 12-20-2009 01:38 PM

wow!

Noop 12-20-2009 01:41 PM

Bad year for celebrities.

Sun Tzu 12-20-2009 01:42 PM

wtf...

R.I.P. Brittany.

Drug related? I know it's a heart attack...but was she a heavy user or something?

panerd 12-20-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Tzu (Post 2188637)
wtf...

R.I.P. Brittany.

Drug related? I know it's a heart attack...but was she a heavy user or something?

She always seemed really thin. Possibly eating disorder. (You would think I would learn though about speculating on something like this. She could just be unlucky and have a bad heart)

Ronnie Dobbs2 12-20-2009 01:47 PM

She was great as LuAnne Platter.

Grammaticus 12-20-2009 02:22 PM

Weird, I just saw her in "The Dead Girl" last week on HBO. Pretty decent movie. She seemed to be a pretty good actress when playing trashy roles. I think that made me think of her as looking generally unhealthy and kind of skanky. Although I didn't really think that was her as a real person.

At that age, the odds strongly point to some type of drugs. Some pathetic story about perscription drug abuse is likely to float up.

RIP Brittany Murphy. In bad taste, I will say there are certainly some other Brittany's more deserving of an early exit.

sabotai 12-20-2009 02:46 PM

She might have had a rare genetic condition like John Ritter, so I wouldn't jump to drug abuse just yet. And even though she's never been overweight, that doesn't mean she was healthy. I've known a few people who were unhealthy (very large though) who died of heart attacks in their 20s, so if she just ate junk and fast food (which wouldn't surprise me, have you seen her husband?), that might have played a role too.

Schmidty 12-20-2009 02:52 PM

We'll miss you, Luanne.

I'll never forget the Manger Babies. :(

M GO BLUE!!! 12-20-2009 03:02 PM

I didn't know who she was until looking up pics... Sad...

A friend of mine (who told me about her death, making me ask "who?") says her husband had a heart attack a couple weeks ago. That would lead me to believe that the east coast wasn't the only place with a snow storm.

mckerney 12-20-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 2188671)
We'll miss you, Luanne.

I'll never forget the Manger Babies. :(

+1

MizzouRah 12-20-2009 04:54 PM

Sad indeed... :(

BYU 14 12-20-2009 05:12 PM

Very sad indeed, way too young. She did have a history of drug abuse and I would rather wait for the facts before assuming, though the possibility that it was drug related seems fairly strong.

mauchow 12-20-2009 05:34 PM

Cardiac arrest isn't necessarily a heart attack. She was very thin and someone like her would be prone for cardiac arrest.

saldana 12-20-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauboy1 (Post 2188738)
Cardiac arrest isn't necessarily a heart attack. She was very thin and someone like her would be prone for cardiac arrest.

uhh...yes it is..they are the same thing..the technical term is acute myocardial infarction, and while it isnt unheard of for people with anorexia to have MIs, there is also a biological predisposition for females that have not yet reached menopause to NOT be succeptible to cardiac arrest as part of their body needing to be able to endure the stress of childbirth

mauchow 12-20-2009 06:32 PM

So kids who are perfectly healthy during a sporting event that just keeled over and died on the court/field suffered from a heart attack? No they didn't, they suffered from cardiac arrest where their heart just shut down.

Acute MI causes cardiac arrest, but cardiac arrest could be caused by many things, arrhythmia's, drug use, or unknown causes; sometimes peoples hearts just stop.

saldana 12-20-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauboy1 (Post 2188760)
So kids who are perfectly healthy during a sporting event that just keeled over and died on the court/field suffered from a heart attack? No they didn't, they suffered from cardiac arrest where their heart just shut down.

the mechanism is the same, regardless of the cause....a 12 year old kid that goes into cardiac arrest because of an arrythmia or congenital defect or any other reason still is having a heart attack the same way a 450 pound guy with arterial blockages is...there is an interruption of either blood flow or electrical conduction that causes part of the heart muscle to die (infarct)

panerd 12-20-2009 06:53 PM

You guys do realize that you are arguing medical semantics on the internet in a thread about Brittany Murphy dying? Just checking...

mauchow 12-20-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 2188764)
the mechanism is the same, regardless of the cause....a 12 year old kid that goes into cardiac arrest because of an arrythmia or congenital defect or any other reason still is having a heart attack the same way a 450 pound guy with arterial blockages is...there is an interruption of either blood flow or electrical conduction that causes part of the heart muscle to die (infarct)

Heart attack is a layman's term for MI, not a general term for cardiac arrest.

The 12 year old boy dies because his heart simply failed, he did not have an MI. An MI means interrupted blood flow through the coronary arteries causing heart muscle death....which can result in cardiac arrest. Not everyone who suffers an MI will die.

We don't know why Brittany's heart stopped unless there is a autopsy..simply put. To say she had a heart attack is incorrect without knowing the facts. All we know is her heart stopped. Cardiac arrest.

If she died of MI it's because of drugs not because of clogged arteries like the 450 pound man you mentioned.

mauchow 12-20-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panerd (Post 2188777)
You guys do realize that you are arguing medical semantics on the internet in a thread about Brittany Murphy dying? Just checking...

Yeah, sorry, my wife kinda wanted to join the argument...

Sorry Brittany's soul, may you rest in peace.

saldana 12-20-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panerd (Post 2188777)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauboy1 (Post 2188789)
Yeah, sorry, my wife kinda wanted to join the argument...

Sorry Brittany's soul, may you rest in peace.

yeah, and actually, the more i think about it, the more i think that i should be in the Ping: Drink Guy thread instead...upon further review, i would have to recant some of my previous statements.

Chief Rum 12-20-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 2188815)
yeah, and actually, the more i think about it, the more i think that i should be in the Ping: Drink Guy thread instead...upon further review, i would have to recant some of my previous statements.

Isn't Lathum visiting right now? Blame him. :)

saldana 12-20-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2188816)
Isn't Lathum visiting right now? Blame him. :)

yeah, we have been drinking pretty much all day.

NewIdentity 12-20-2009 08:54 PM

I just don't remember her being this Sickly thin.

Sounds like her husband is fighting for them to not autopsy her body.

RainMaker 12-20-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabotai (Post 2188664)
She might have had a rare genetic condition like John Ritter, so I wouldn't jump to drug abuse just yet. And even though she's never been overweight, that doesn't mean she was healthy. I've known a few people who were unhealthy (very large though) who died of heart attacks in their 20s, so if she just ate junk and fast food (which wouldn't surprise me, have you seen her husband?), that might have played a role too.

Still extremely rare for someone to die at that age no matter what they've eaten in their 20's. With a previous sketchy history involving rumors of drugs and eating disorders, I'd wager that this was of her own doing. Cocaine will cause this and a lot of girl use it to lose weight.

RainMaker 12-20-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewIdentity (Post 2188832)
I can remember her having a weight problem in her younger days. Sounds like her huban is fighting for them to not autopsy her body.

Of course he is. When they find a boatload of cocaine in her system, they'll want to know where she got it from and what he was doing with her prior to the death.

panerd 12-20-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewIdentity (Post 2188832)
I just don't remember her being this Sickly thin.

Sounds like her husband is fighting for them to not autopsy her body.

Lets instead remember this Brittany Murphy...

Eaglesfan27 12-20-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panerd (Post 2188640)
She always seemed really thin. Possibly eating disorder. (You would think I would learn though about speculating on something like this. She could just be unlucky and have a bad heart)

I hate to speculate as well, but Anorexia or other eating disorders can lead to metabolic abnormalities which can lead to cardiac arrest. Of course, like you said, she could have just been unlucky and had a bad genetic condition.

3ric 12-21-2009 01:17 AM

Apparently she also had type 2 diabetes

DrAFTjunkie 12-21-2009 01:21 AM

I'd look into what role that husband/manager/handler played in all of this. I'm thinking Anna Nicole Pt. 2, or something along those lines.

I'm gonna go bust out some King of the Hill DVDs and watch some classic Luanne episodes- Manger Babies of course, but I'll be watching Buckley's Angel first.

Karlifornia 12-21-2009 02:16 AM

Rollin' with the homies.....

RIP

RainMaker 12-21-2009 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrAFTjunkie (Post 2188919)
I'd look into what role that husband/manager/handler played in all of this. I'm thinking Anna Nicole Pt. 2, or something along those lines.

I'm gonna go bust out some King of the Hill DVDs and watch some classic Luanne episodes- Manger Babies of course, but I'll be watching Buckley's Angel first.

Why bother looking into it? Nothing ever really happens. It's LA, you can do whatever the fuck you want if you are a celebrity or linked to one. Just save the taxpayer money.

molson 05-24-2010 08:56 AM

RIP Brittany Murphy's husband:

Brittany Murphy's Husband Simon Monjack Found Dead | TMZ.com

I don't think these two had the healthiest lifestyle ever.

RendeR 05-24-2010 11:47 AM

I think Mom offed them both.

Axxon 05-24-2010 08:28 PM

Wow, this is the harshest example of Murphy's Law that I can recall.

CrimsonFox 05-24-2010 11:00 PM

the plot thickens...i think it was jack ruby. Still sad. She was a very talented voice artist.