Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Im pretty stoked (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=73310)

Flasch186 06-29-2009 09:00 AM

Im pretty stoked

I have a big DLP TV in my family room but its about 5 years old.

Recently I had started having lamp issues.

In the past I wouldve just called it in, but this time I did the homework, ordered the part and did the install.

I thought that that was pretty good but then I noticed a growing hum from the back that eventually turned into a high pitch whine.

Some research said it was likely the colorwheel.

I watched this video set on Youtube:

YouTube - Replacing the color wheel in a Samsung DLP Television

and I felt empowered to do it. So I ordered the part and just spent about :45 minutes replacing the colorwheel AND it worked first time!

I cant believe I didnt screw this up and I saved hundreds of dollars, if not a grand if I'd have had to bought another one.

I just cant believe it...

And Im getting a spiffy new haircut today too!

DaddyTorgo 06-29-2009 09:10 AM

WOOHOOO!!!!

MikeVic 06-29-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flasch186 (Post 2060852)
And Im getting a spiffy new haircut today too!

New headshots?

Bad-example 06-29-2009 07:02 PM

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently?

BYU 14 06-29-2009 07:19 PM

LOL, I'm the opposite end of the spectrum. DirecTV brought me a new dish Saturday and my DVD player suddenly was playing movies in black and white. I was sure it was something the tech did when he was setting everything back up. And after an hour of resetting and testing everything, I was getting ready to call them, when I noticed the hi res cable from the DVD to the TV had come unplugged, which I did when I moved it for him....Doh!

If I was in your shoes I would be out today spending $1,000 on a new TV, repainting the walls where I blew the old one up trying to fixt it and hoping my eyebrows grow back evenly.

Autumn 06-29-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU 14 (Post 2061305)
If I was in your shoes I would be out today spending $1,000 on a new TV, repainting the walls where I blew the old one up trying to fixt it and hoping my eyebrows grow back evenly.

Why do you think he's "getting a spiffy new haircut"? I think there's more to this story he's not telling.

CU Tiger 06-29-2009 10:21 PM

Sweet!
FWIW, if you have the sung in the video, thats one of the harder ones to do a CW on....so good job.

if it is still going strong in 5-7 days, you will know it is all good.

Flasch186 06-30-2009 07:04 AM

uh oh? What can happen in 5-7 days?

CU Tiger 06-30-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flasch186 (Post 2061626)
uh oh? What can happen in 5-7 days?

Sorry didn't mean to scare you.

We have found that most QRF (quick return failures) happen within 1 week of repair. I have spent a good amount of time analyzing the who's, how's, and what's of my guys and I am convinced it may just be manufacturing short comings.

But it has been my experience if it lasts a week, it will lasts as long as new or longer.