Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Corey Haim Died (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=76998)

albionmoonlight 03-10-2010 07:51 AM

Corey Haim Died

Actor Corey Haim dead – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Mizzou B-ball fan 03-10-2010 07:54 AM

It's totally baffling to me that, as wonderful a gift as life is, that some choose to go down such a self-destructive path with the life that they're given. I just don't get it.

Draft Dodger 03-10-2010 08:06 AM

even more baffling: Feldman outlasted him.

Subby 03-10-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan (Post 2239119)
It's totally baffling to me that, as wonderful a gift as life is, that some choose to go down such a self-destructive path with the life that they're given. I just don't get it.

Not baffling to me at all. Particularly when you consider the trajectory a former child actor's career often takes.

Rizon 03-10-2010 08:28 AM

In other surprising news: Lance Bass is gay.

jeff061 03-10-2010 08:44 AM

Well it is surprising he made it to 38.

Mizzou B-ball fan 03-10-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subby (Post 2239132)
Not baffling to me at all. Particularly when you consider the trajectory a former child actor's career often takes.

Sure, I understand the child actors don't have a good record, but there are some that do just fine. I suppose I should count myself as blessed that I don't have their issues.

Swaggs 03-10-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan (Post 2239144)
Sure, I understand the child actors don't have a good record, but there are some that do just fine. I suppose I should count myself as blessed that I don't have their issues.

I think it is more of a matter that folks that are "blessed" with great fame, riches, and/or experiences, particularly at a young age, often have a tough time settling back into a regular lifestyle (which most of us enjoy pretty well).

I'm sure we have all seen it, to a much lesser extent, with friends who travel a lot or have had successes (business, sports, financial?) at a young age who then try to settle down and then are unhappy.

Lathum 03-10-2010 09:21 AM

wow, that's pretty nuts. 38 is to young.

MizzouRah 03-10-2010 09:24 AM

That is nuts.. and sad. :(

I considered him a lucky man to have all of those great scenes with Nicole Eggert in Blown Away...

Malificent 03-10-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan (Post 2239144)

The child actors who do well mostly seem to be the ones who take themselves out of the fray while they make the transition from child to adult, basically stop doing anything with the film industry. Jodie Foster and Natalie Portman both did something similar, for example.

cartman 03-10-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2239161)
I considered him a lucky man to have all of those great scenes with Nicole Eggert in Blown Away...

+1

That is also why I think Pumpy might somehow be involved.

Rizon 03-10-2010 10:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2239161)
That is nuts.. and sad. :(

btw, Nicole Eggert now:

Dr. Sak 03-10-2010 10:04 AM

Holy shit...meanwhile Sarah the nerd:

BYU 14 03-10-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs (Post 2239157)
I think it is more of a matter that folks that are "blessed" with great fame, riches, and/or experiences, particularly at a young age, often have a tough time settling back into a regular lifestyle (which most of us enjoy pretty well).

I'm sure we have all seen it, to a much lesser extent, with friends who travel a lot or have had successes (business, sports, financial?) at a young age who then try to settle down and then are unhappy.

Good summary, sad that something that one would think could lead to a fulfilled and comfortable life, in reality rips the soul out of so many of these kids. I guess it is always harder to "downgrade" when you get so much, so soon.

molson 03-10-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Dodger (Post 2239129)
even more baffling: Feldman outlasted him.

Feldman seems to have his shit together. Which is pretty amazing considering all the drugs he did and the fact that he was probably molested by Michael Jackson.

His career isn't what it used to be, but he's always doing stuff and seems to be making a living. It probably helps that he came from money to some extent, so he's probably a lot better at managing it.

Rizon 03-10-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 2239233)
Feldman seems to have his shit together. Which is pretty amazing considering all the drugs he did and the fact that he was probably molested by Michael Jackson.

His career isn't what it used to be, but he's always doing stuff and seems to be making a living.

He had a smokin hot wife there for awhile, too.

dacman 03-10-2010 11:19 AM

Based on the 2 episodes I saw of "The 2 Coreys" show they did a few years ago, it really isn't a surprise Haim bit it before Feldman. Feldman was at least battling his demons and seem to have some of them licked. Haim didn't even want to admit he had any.

MizzouRah 03-10-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizon (Post 2239185)
btw, Nicole Eggert now:

I prefer this memory..

Kodos 03-10-2010 12:38 PM

That's the problem with tanning... your skin turns into an old leather shoe.

Rizon 03-10-2010 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2239277)
I prefer this memory..

Back in the day she was in my top 5.

Sorry Corey to hijack your death thread, but I did hear you were going to be buried twice.

jeff061 03-10-2010 01:16 PM

Christ what the hell happened to Eggert, it hasn't been that long has it? They don't even look remotely like the same person.

Rizon 03-10-2010 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff061 (Post 2239321)
Christ what the hell happened to Eggert, it hasn't been that long has it? They don't even look remotely like the same person.

A kid maybe?
She's on the newest Celebrity Fit Club.

GrantDawg 03-10-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 2239233)

His career isn't what it used to be, but he's always doing stuff and seems to be making a living. It probably helps that he came from money to some extent, so he's probably a lot better at managing it.

To be honest with you, I think they both were. On that Two Cory's show, Haim and Feldman had this conversation where Haim threw it in Feldman's face that he was molested by a man and that Feldman knew it and did nothing. Feldman's response was that he was a kid to and was being molested as well. They both denied it afterwards but I'd put money it being Jackson. As a matter of fact, I'd put money on the fact that both Cory's were recieving money from Jackson till the day he died, and quite possibily after.

JonInMiddleGA 05-04-2010 05:46 PM

Coroner: Haim died of pneumonia complications *| accessAtlanta

Cause of death: complications from pneumonia, enlarged heart, and narrowed blood vessels. Pot & cold medicine in his system but nothing that would have been fatal.