Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Interesting Quote (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77804)

Sun Tzu 05-14-2010 11:55 AM

Interesting Quote

Quote:

Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

Sounds like a page right out of the US SOP. Oh, I forgot to mention who originally said this.

Hermann Goering, President of the Reichstag, Nazi Party, and Luftwaffe Commander in Chief.

:cool:

Please refrain from throwing fruit and/or vegetables, think of the children. Thank you.

boberot 05-14-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Tzu (Post 2283385)
Please refrain from throwing fruit and/or vegetables, think of the children. Thank you.

Quite the contrary.

That's chilling. Thanks for sharing.

judicial clerk 05-14-2010 10:49 PM

That is a good quote, although on the other hand,

Quote:

We would fight not for the political future of a distant city, rather for principles whose destruction would ruin the possibility of peace and security for the peoples of the earth.

Neville Chamberlain

jeff061 05-14-2010 11:00 PM

From the pages of Duh Magazine?

Dutch 05-15-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Sounds like a page right out of the US SOP. Oh, I forgot to mention who originally said this.

Hermann Goering, President of the Reichstag, Nazi Party, and Luftwaffe Commander in Chief.

Hmmm, now that you mention it. The Nazi's wore pants...and Americans wear pants....holy crap, you're right...chilling comparisons!

rowech 05-15-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Did I mistake the World Trade Center parking garage bomb, bombing of US installations, the bombing of embassies, the suicide attack on the USS Cole, and 9/11 as non-attacks?

I guess they were attacks only in my imaginiation.

RainMaker 05-15-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutch (Post 2283706)
Hmmm, now that you mention it. The Nazi's wore pants...and Americans wear pants....holy crap, you're right...chilling comparisons!

What does pants have to do with a quote about the use of "patriotism" to advance agendas?

RainMaker 05-15-2010 08:09 AM

As for the quote, it's pretty dead on. Not just for wars and politics, but for everything involving us as a species. This formula is used by families, religions, businesses, and even sports teams.

Dutch 05-15-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainMaker (Post 2283711)
What does pants have to do with a quote about the use of "patriotism" to advance agendas?

Beats me...was the intended message here that the "US SOP" and the Nazi's both used the words "patriotism"?