Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Epic Game Store holiday giveaway (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96321)

NobodyHere 08-18-2022 10:54 AM

There's also Doom 64

Thomkal 08-18-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3375125)
There's also Doom 64

Seemed odd for that to be the only free game, so thanks for letting us know.

I don't think I need to describe Doom do i? This is the graphically enhanced version. Plus some additional levels

NobodyHere 08-25-2022 12:07 PM

Looks like Thomkal wants to be fashionably late this week...

Thomkal 08-25-2022 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3375771)
Looks like Thomkal wants to be fashionably late this week...

You know you could have posted for me... :) I've been busy today doing some last minute cleaning for company this afternoon, so just saw you had posted here. Let's see what we got this week:

1)Destiny 2-Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack. Destiny 2 is now available at Epic. In celebration of that, if you add Destiny 2 to your library, this pack will be added for free.

2) Ring of Pain-a roguelike card-crawler where you have to choose where to be stealthy and when to go for the kill,

Thomkal 09-01-2022 10:30 AM

Two free games and a gift pack available this week:

1) The gift pack is for the brawler Knockout City-the Armazillo Pack

2)Shadow of the Tomb Raider-a repeat free game

3)Submerged: Hidden Depths-pretty looking exploration/adventure game on a world with sunken ruins. You play as a member of a couple, with the girl doomed with a mysterious power she wants to use for good.

Mota 09-01-2022 07:12 PM

If you have Amazon Prime (prime gaming site), Football Manager 22 is free from the Epic Games Store! I was actually planning on picking it up sometime, so that was great for me.

Thomkal 09-01-2022 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mota (Post 3376284)
If you have Amazon Prime (prime gaming site), Football Manager 22 is free from the Epic Games Store! I was actually planning on picking it up sometime, so that was great for me.

nice find! (if I had Amazon Prime)

Sweed 09-02-2022 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mota (Post 3376284)

I wonder if this is becoming a yearly thing? I got FM 21 last year for free but caved and bought FM22 to have the newest shiny version. If that's the case no need of every buying FM again. Hell, it takes awhile before the patches get things tweaked anyway. May as well start with a fully patched version. ;) After going through the "wait for patch" cycle last year I'm no longer particularly fussed about starting a game with all of the transfers, rule changes, etc. of the newest version.

In short when FM23 comes out this year I'll just check in on the boards to see how my eventual free version is coming along. :)

Mota 09-02-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweed (Post 3376318)
I wonder if this is becoming a yearly thing? I got FM 21 last year for free but caved and bought FM22 to have the newest shiny version. If that's the case no need of every buying FM again. Hell, it takes awhile before the patches get things tweaked anyway. May as well start with a fully patched version. ;) After going through the "wait for patch" cycle last year I'm no longer particularly fussed about starting a game with all of the transfers, rule changes, etc. of the newest version.

In short when FM23 comes out this year I'll just check in on the boards to see how my eventual free version is coming along. :)

I think for most true fans, they pick up the game when it comes out. Same reason that everybody picks up Madden at launch. They want the new teams and rosters. For someone like me who maybe recognizes 2-3 players, and barely even knows who the best teams in the EPL are, it doesn't matter when I pick up the game. I'm getting it for the engine and improvements, not the updated rosters.

Thomkal 09-08-2022 11:04 AM

Epic has two free games this week, one launching on Epic with a free bundle. That would be Realm Royale Reforged.

The new free game is: Hundred Days: Winemaker Simulator: a pretty and chill game for all you winemaker wannabees out there

Thomkal 09-15-2022 10:44 AM

Two new games from Epic this week:

1) Spirit of the North: An adventure game based on Icelandic landscapes where you play as a fox where your story becomes intertwined with the spirits of the Northern Lights in the form of a fox.

2) The Captain-you are a captain of a spaceship trying to get home, trying to save allies and civilizations. You can't save them all so you will have to make some tough choices.

Thomkal 09-16-2022 02:13 PM

Looks like Gloomhaven is going to be free next week at Epic, so save your pennies!

Thomkal 09-22-2022 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3377736)
Looks like Gloomhaven is going to be free next week at Epic, so save your pennies!

So yep Gloomhaven now available. Also Ark:Survival Evolved a repeat freebie.

I don't think they have changed the tutorial for Gloomhaven, so I want to recommend you go through it first. This isn't a game where you just walk and start bashing things. Cards (different for each character) determine your actions for that round, with a unique top or bottom mechanic. You don't just pickup loot you have to move to where it is and have a loot action on your card. A lot of different rules/strategies to consider. The tutorials may seem a bit "puzzlily" with just one way to successful complete for each scenario, but they really do a good job of teaching the game.

Also a DLC came out this week with scenarios for single characters. The actual boardgame sold (is selling?) for over $100 so I can't recommend it enough now that it's free.

Thomkal 09-29-2022 10:15 AM

So two free games I've never heard of this week:

1) Runbow-a crazy looking party platformer where you are trying to escape from the belly of some world destroyer

2) The Drone Racing League Simulator-just what it says

PilotMan 09-29-2022 11:06 AM

DRL Sim is solidly accurate, but even playing it with game pad won't be as good as using an actual rc controller. It's still fun and better than building your own and breaking it over and over again.

Thomkal 10-06-2022 10:23 AM

Tiz the Season I guess or something like that at Epic this week-with two Horror themed games:

1)Rising Hell
2)Slain:Back From Hell

Boo!

Thomkal 10-13-2022 01:38 PM

2 games for free this week:

1)Darkwood-a survival horror game where you gather resources during the day then hunker down and survive the night

2)ToeJam and Earl:Back in the Groove: A revised edition of a classic platformer with new material added

Thomkal 10-20-2022 10:10 AM

2 "classic" games at Epic this week:

1) Evoland-a salute to action adventure RPGs of the past where the game "evolves" as you play into one adventure after another

2) Fallout 3-a classic "after you come out of the nuclear shelter" game.

Thomkal 10-27-2022 04:11 PM

Yikes almost forgot about this-2 free games this week:

1)Saturnalia-Survival/Horror game where you explore an isolated village-and the paths change randomly when your party all dies

2)Warhammer 40,000-Mechanicius- a turn based strategy game where you control the most advanced army in the Imperium-whatever that is

SirFozzie 10-27-2022 04:57 PM

GoG Galaxy is now available via Epic, and quite frankly, for ease of finding all my games across EA/Xbox GamePass PC, Steam, Epic, and GoG), it's become my #1 client for PC gaming

Thomkal 11-03-2022 10:07 AM

Two Free games this week:

1) Filament-a puzzle game based on cables where you are trying to solve the mystery of the missing crew on a starship

2) Rising Storm 1-Vietnam: a 64 player multiplayer matches where you are fighting using the weapons and such available during you guessed it, the Vietnam War.

Thomkal 11-10-2022 12:09 PM

Two more free games now available:

1)Alba-A Wildlife Adventure-you play as a little girl visiting her grandparents at a Mediterranean beach. She goes off to explore around the beach and finds several members of wildlife in trouble and in need of her and the community's help

2)Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun-Tactical stealth game set in Ancient Japan

Thomkal 11-17-2022 11:09 AM

2 more for you this week:

1)Dark Deity-a top down rpg where you control battle, character relationships and more

2)Evil Dead-The Game-co-op and multiplayer action from the Evil Dead universe

NobodyHere 11-25-2022 08:41 AM

Thomkal has failed us this week.

The free game is Star Wars: Squadrons.

I own it and I think the single player campaign is well worth a play through.

Thomkal 11-25-2022 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3384969)
Thomkal has failed us this week.

The free game is Star Wars: Squadrons.

I own it and I think the single player campaign is well worth a play through.

Thanksgiving has failed us. But I'm back now

Izulde 11-25-2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3384285)
2 more for you this week:

1)Dark Deity-a top down rpg where you control battle, character relationships and more

2)Evil Dead-The Game-co-op and multiplayer action from the Evil Dead universe

Damn, I missed Dark Deity's week. Haven't picked it up yet due to so many reports of bugs

Thomkal 12-01-2022 10:10 AM

2 free games this week including one that got some buzz around here when it first came out:

1) RPG In a Box-all the tools necessary to create your own RPG and share it with friends.

2) Fort Triumph-a tactical strategy game that combines turn-based combat of XCom with the world exploration of Heroes of Might and Magic. Happy to finally get a look at this game.

Honolulu_Blue 12-01-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3385568)
2 free games this week including one that got some buzz around here when it first came out:

1) RPG In a Box-all the tools necessary to create your own RPG and share it with friends.

2) Fort Triumph-a tactical strategy game that combines turn-based combat of XCom with the world exploration of Heroes of Might and Magic. Happy to finally get a look at this game.

For Triumph is super fun. I played it a few years back and had a blast.

GrantDawg 12-01-2022 10:30 AM

Fort Triumph tempts me.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Thomkal 12-08-2022 10:13 AM

2 free games this week, one a "biggie"

1)Saints Row 4:Re-Elected

2)Wildcat Gun Machine

NobodyHere 12-08-2022 10:35 AM

It also looks like they're beginning their daily game giveaway next week.

Thomkal 12-08-2022 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3386383)
It also looks like they're beginning their daily game giveaway next week.

I had wondered if they had stopped doing this-good news

CrimsonFox 12-08-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3386380)
2 free games this week, one a "biggie"

1)Saints Row 4:Re-Elected

2)Wildcat Gun Machine

Awesome! Wildcat Gun Machine is HUGE

Thomkal 12-08-2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3386424)
Awesome! Wildcat Gun Machine is HUGE

I knew you'd like that one!

Thomkal 12-08-2022 03:46 PM

Nothing to see here

Thomkal 12-15-2022 10:11 AM

The first holiday present to us is:

Bloons TD 6-a Tower Defense game with monkeys?

Remember to check back every day while their holiday sale is going on because the free game will change

Thomkal 12-16-2022 10:19 AM

The next free game is one I already had in my library but never played:

Horizon Chase Turbo-racing game inspired by arcade games of 80's and 90's

Thomkal 12-16-2022 10:21 AM

Tomorrow's game I'm guessing is some sort of Batman or Vampire game based on the bats in the "wrapping paper" for tomorrow

Thomkal 12-17-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3387166)
Tomorrow's game I'm guessing is some sort of Batman or Vampire game based on the bats in the "wrapping paper" for tomorrow

A bit wrong in my guess here, and its also one I already have and not played:

Costume Quest 2

Tomorrow's game looks like someone in a helmet-an orc or dwarf maybe-some type of combat/war game I guess?

bob 12-17-2022 10:35 AM

These are not super exciting

Thomkal 12-17-2022 10:40 AM

yeah so far not that thrilling-that tower defense game is very popular though it seems

Fidatelo 12-18-2022 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3387248)
yeah so far not that thrilling-that tower defense game is very popular though it seems

My youngest son has played the heck out of Bloons TD 6 over the years.

Thomkal 12-18-2022 10:11 AM

Well an adventure game and there may be some combat in it. One I've not heard of before:

Sable

You play a young girl. who has a red cape that lets her soar around her world and have an adventure. She does wear a helmet.

Tomorrow's game has something to with a camel, maybe a dinosaur...or not.

I also received a 25% off coupon on any game $14.99 or over thru Jan 6.

Thomkal 12-19-2022 10:41 AM

Well sorta close on this one-another game I have never heard of though:

Them's Fighting Herds

A 2D Fighting game featuring a cast of "adorable" animals.

Tomorrow's Hint looks like some kind of helmet and eyes, or maybe UFO's I hope the good games are still coming :)

SirFozzie 12-19-2022 10:45 AM

Funny thing about them's fighting herds.. at first it was a freeware game called "Fighting is Magic", which was, yes, a My Little Pony fighting game. Of course, the owners of MLP did not appreciate this, and shut it down, they just changed it enough to make it distinct and sold it as a full game because people liked it so much.

Thomkal 12-19-2022 10:48 AM

wow almost worth getting now and imagining they are My Little Ponies fighting :)

Thomkal 12-20-2022 10:13 AM

Helmet and eyes for the win and a good one at that! (but I have it already here)

Wolfenstein:The New Order

Tommorrow's game looks like a horse game or camel again?

NobodyHere 12-20-2022 10:42 AM

I'm not seeing any camels or horses on the wrapping. I'm seeing a Lego brick.

Thomkal 12-20-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3387611)
I'm not seeing any camels or horses on the wrapping. I'm seeing a Lego brick.

You are correct. Guess they changed their mind or used older wrapping when I saw it. Feels like a Lego game for sure

bob 12-20-2022 11:48 AM

Rumored rest of the list:

Spoiler

This came out prior to today and was correct about today's game.