Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Lost, Season 2 (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=42866)

Easy Mac 11-30-2005 08:41 PM

Oh hells fucking yes, now the mystery progresses. Took a little while for Eko to get to his point (we knew it was coming for a while), but damn that was some good acting by Locke.

Easy Mac 11-30-2005 08:46 PM

"So Rose's husband is white... didn't see that one coming."

That's so politically incorrect awesome, I love Hurley.

jbmagic 11-30-2005 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Oh hells fucking yes, now the mystery progresses. Took a little while for Eko to get to his point (we knew it was coming for a while), but damn that was some good acting by Locke.

what happen?

west coast people have to wait for it to come on. )

Bearcat729 11-30-2005 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbmagic
what happen?

west coast people have to wait for it to come on. )

There is another film. From the tail section bunker

Easy Mac 11-30-2005 09:04 PM

Oh shit! Walt!1!!!!!!

Bearcat729 11-30-2005 09:04 PM

Walt!

Sublime 2 11-30-2005 09:04 PM

Knights of Columbus....

ThunderingHERD 11-30-2005 09:05 PM

Walt is in the internets.

jbmagic 11-30-2005 09:06 PM

walt is back?

what happen?

Joe Canadian 11-30-2005 09:08 PM

Kate's mom is an ass...

Walt is obviously at one of the other hatch's, which back up my thoery that the boat people are part of the expirements and not "the others."

Mr. Eko is by far my favourite character on the show now...

Joe Canadian 11-30-2005 09:09 PM

Quote:

walt is back?

what happen?

No, as TH said... Walt is in the internets.

Toddzilla 11-30-2005 09:12 PM

Was actually hoping for:

>: You have been eaten by a grue

cmp 11-30-2005 09:12 PM

Sayid was on the TV in the background when Kate visited her dad, or the guy she thought was her dad.

panerd 11-30-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddzilla
Was actually hoping for:

>: You have been eaten by a grue

> : Find Walt

> : What, with your bare hands?

bronconick 11-30-2005 09:51 PM

>: Walt?

>: Walt!

>: Walt! WALT!

>: WALT!!!!1!!

mauchow 11-30-2005 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold101
Sayid was on the TV in the background when Kate visited her dad, or the guy she thought was her dad.

I, uh, didn't see him.

At the police station?

Draft Dodger 11-30-2005 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauboy1
I, uh, didn't see him.

At the police station?

at the recuiting station, I assume (I didn't either, but it makes sense)

ThunderingHERD 11-30-2005 10:14 PM

I didn't notice it either, but I wasn't paying close attention. Did anyone else see Kate walk by in the bar last weekend right before AL went outside to shoot that dude?

cthomer5000 11-30-2005 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
I didn't notice it either, but I wasn't paying close attention. Did anyone else see Kate walk by in the bar last weekend right before AL went outside to shoot that dude?

The girl is completely not in focus in that shot... inconclusive at best. I don't think it's her as the girl in the bar seems to have a completely different gait.

ThunderingHERD 11-30-2005 10:25 PM

Yeh, I watched it a few times and it the girl was obviously too out of focus to tell... the shoulders and hair seemed to be right though.

cmp 11-30-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
at the recuiting station, I assume (I didn't either, but it makes sense)

yup, it was at the recruiting station

ThunderingHERD 11-30-2005 10:30 PM

Also, doesn't it seem like if you're daughter blew up the house for the insurance money, killing your ex-wife's boyfriend in the process, that that's something that would kind of get kicked around at the ol' water cooler?

cmp 11-30-2005 10:34 PM

I found a picture that shows Sayid on the TV, hxxp://timdorr.com/images/Lost/thatsjustsayid.jpg

ThunderingHERD 11-30-2005 10:37 PM

Yeh. That's definately either Sayid or Scott Stapp.

Draft Dodger 11-30-2005 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
Also, doesn't it seem like if you're daughter blew up the house for the insurance money, killing your ex-wife's boyfriend in the process, that that's something that would kind of get kicked around at the ol' water cooler?

my thought is - do US Marshalls really put on such an extensive manhunt (to AUSTRALIA no less) for something like this?

Bearcat729 11-30-2005 10:50 PM

Quote:

my thought is - do US Marshalls really put on such an extensive manhunt (to AUSTRALIA no less) for something like this?

She left him for dead by the side of the road. I'm sure that Marshall was a little pissed. It might give him reason to track her down no matter where.

ThunderingHERD 11-30-2005 10:50 PM

Quote:

Well she's also robbed banks and god knows what else in the mean time. I just wonder how she managed to get a flight to Australia.

kingfc22 12-01-2005 12:04 AM

Hell yea! I love this show!!!

jbmagic 12-01-2005 12:11 AM

how come no one the island ask Michael what happen to Walt? and what happen to them?

Rizon 12-01-2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Sometimes they chase them through big giant pipes.

judicial clerk 12-01-2005 02:01 AM

what did the new piece of film say?

samifan24 12-01-2005 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judicial clerk
what did the new piece of film say?

**Spoiler**

It was a warning against using the computer in the hatch for anything but entering the code. Michael did just that in the last moments of the show and it appears as though Walt was on the other "end."

judicial clerk 12-01-2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

**Spoiler**

It was a warning against using the computer in the hatch for anything but entering the code. Michael did just that in the last moments of the show and it appears as though Walt was on the other "end."

that is what I thought it said, but I thought the unspliced film still conveyed that warning.

I see that the Others have Walt at a computer. I am wondering if the Others are just part of a tech support company. They have an alternative business model to shipping jobs to India or China.

Others: "Walt, you didn't put the new face sheet on your TPS report. Didn't you get the memo?"

Walt: "I got the memo, I just forgot. It won't happen again."

Others: "I 'll send you another copy of the memo."

Walt: "umm, do you think I could move to a cubicle in the bunker instead of in this cave?'

Others: "sorry Walt, the bunker is for regular microsopht tech support employees only. Technically, you are an independant contractor and so you have to stay chained to you computer here in the cave iwth all the pungi stick traps."

moriarty 12-01-2005 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Canadian

Walt is obviously at one of the other hatch's, which back up my thoery that the boat people are part of the expirements and not "the others."

How do you know the "others" are not an experiment as well? Remember there were 6 experiments. We've seen two (now empty) bunkers, plus Walt is presumably in one. The "others" could be in another.

Or ... maybe the boat people and the others are one and the same (seems like they both like the kiddies).

Curious why you think the others are not part of an experiment too.

Joe Canadian 12-01-2005 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moriarty
How do you know the "others" are not an experiment as well? Remember there were 6 experiments. We've seen two (now empty) bunkers, plus Walt is presumably in one. The "others" could be in another.

Or ... maybe the boat people and the others are one and the same (seems like they both like the kiddies).

Curious why you think the others are not part of an experiment too.

Probably should have re-worded what I said... I meant to say that I think the boat people were scientists for Dharma & not part of the others. It's quite possible that the others are indeed a product of Dharma's experiments.

Raiders Army 12-01-2005 12:59 PM

Quote:

Well, if she was that hot, I'd work overtime and check out some sheilas in Australia. :)

rkmsuf 12-01-2005 01:02 PM

I'm less and less interested in the backstories now for some reason.

JasonC23 12-01-2005 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkmsuf

I've noticed that the weakest part of almost every episode this year has been the flashbacks. I think this is a product of 2 things for me:

1. For whatever reason, the flashbacks haven't tied into the present-day adventures nearly as well as they did last year.
2. The island happenings are really, really intriguing, and the flashbacks mean less time devoted to them.

rkmsuf 12-01-2005 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonC23
I've noticed that the weakest part of almost every episode this year has been the flashbacks. I think this is a product of 2 things for me:

1. For whatever reason, the flashbacks haven't tied into the present-day adventures nearly as well as they did last year.
2. The island happenings are really, really intriguing, and the flashbacks mean less time devoted to them.

that's true.

for #1 we kind of know about people generally already so anything further has zero added value to what is going on now.

for #2 that is the big thing. I'm ready for the whole Dharma thing to play out. Delaying too much will ruin it I think.

Daimyo 12-01-2005 02:56 PM

I'm looking foward to Mr Echo's flashback episode(s) supposedly coming soon after the new year.

gottimd 12-01-2005 03:13 PM

Not that it is that relevant but did you catch who was on the TV when Kate was at her dad's place?

Raiders Army 12-01-2005 03:42 PM

Quote:

Some characters' backstories don't have any meaning nor do we care whatsoever (e.g. Charlie, Claire, Rose and Bernard). I really can't see devoting another episode to Charlie's backstory.

The only ones I can see would be Locke, Sawyer and Jack.

The ones that don't have anything else are Charlie, Hurley, Sayid, Mike and Walt (WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!!!).

Ecko, Claire, Anna Lucia, and other tail girl might have some stories. I include Anna Lucia because I think she may have known Jack before they even met (or she may have pursued Kate).

gottimd 12-01-2005 03:44 PM

Ecko is gonna have some insane back story I have a feeling. He has to be tied to that nigerian plane, unless the editing for the previews want you to think that.

Poli 12-01-2005 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold101
I found a picture that shows Sayid on the TV, hxxp://timdorr.com/images/Lost/thatsjustsayid.jpg

I guess Kate's wanna be dad is left handed.

Raiders Army 12-01-2005 03:56 PM

Spliced Movie

Big discussion on the unofficial fansite for Lost on why the movie was spliced. I'm going with because somebody wanted them to use the computer for something else.

Also, it looks like there were other pieces to the movie missing as well.

OldGiants 12-01-2005 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottimd
Ecko is gonna have some insane back story I have a feeling. He has to be tied to that nigerian plane, unless the editing for the previews want you to think that.

And Charlie's coke-head back story looks like it will get more play time, as a result.

Sawyer channeling Kate's biological dad and the black horse showing up on the island reminded me of Jack seeing his dad walking around. About time we had some decent explanations for that wierd stuff. This isn't fucking "(Inappropriately) Touched by an Angel" afterall.

Raiders Army 12-01-2005 04:01 PM

Actually, I was thinking Fantasy Island when they showed the horse.

flounder 12-01-2005 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Some characters' backstories don't have any meaning nor do we care whatsoever (e.g. Charlie, Claire, Rose and Bernard). I really can't see devoting another episode to Charlie's backstory.

Well, that psychic did freak out when asked to tell Claire's fortune and that still hasn't been explained or tied into the goings on. Plus, it seems like everyone on the island has done something for which they are being punished. It would be interesting to know what Rose and Bernard did.

Easy Mac 12-01-2005 05:05 PM

Quote:

I'll go ahead and assume he's a nigerian priest. He was trying to help end the drug running, and he saw they were moving the stuff using virgin mary statues. But I'm pretty sure everyone else has this figured out.

OldGiants 12-01-2005 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flounder
It would be interesting to know what Rose and Bernard did.

There is a word for it. Used to be a crime here in Virginia:

5 entries found for miscegenation.

mis·ceg·e·na·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-sj-nshn, ms-j-)
n.
  1. The interbreeding of different races or of persons of different racial backgrounds.
  2. Cohabitation, sexual relations, or marriage involving persons of different races.
  3. A mixture or hybridization: “There was musical miscegenation at a time when segregation was the common rule” (Don McLeese).

[Latin miscre, to mix; see meik- in Indo-European Roots + genus, race; see gen- in Indo-European Roots + -ation.]
mis·cege·nation·al adj.

gottimd 12-01-2005 07:40 PM

huh?

Rose and Bernard would probably be a boring backstory, IMHO. Just two people on a romantic getaway caught in all of this probably.

ThunderingHERD 12-01-2005 08:15 PM

They can probably come up with some crazy shit for more Walt backstory. Remember that his stepdad was creeped out about him because he seemed to make stuff "happen" or whatever?

Raven 12-02-2005 12:13 AM

Not sure where you heard there were no new shows for 6 weeks, I missed that. But man, that pisses me off.

How the fuck can they make a 6 week delay, when they are clearly already dragging out the storyline so this show stays on for several more seasons?

That frustrates the hell out of me As much as I want the show to continue on for a while, I also want to know there will be an ending at some point, and not 5 years down the road. What a fucking conundrum.

Anthony 12-02-2005 01:09 AM

Quote:

me too...i really wish they'd tone them down. i've gotten to the point where i start to sigh and huff and puff whenever a backstory comes on because they keep interupting the plot. it was cute at first, but ok, i got the point now, they're all connected.

move the story along, please.

rkmsuf 12-02-2005 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven
Not sure where you heard there were no new shows for 6 weeks, I missed that. But man, that pisses me off.

How the fuck can they make a 6 week delay, when they are clearly already dragging out the storyline so this show stays on for several more seasons?

That frustrates the hell out of me As much as I want the show to continue on for a while, I also want to know there will be an ending at some point, and not 5 years down the road. What a fucking conundrum.

huh, nothing for 6 weeks? can that be right?

cthomer5000 12-02-2005 09:09 AM

Quote:

huh, nothing for 6 weeks? can that be right?

tv.com lists the next episode as 6 weeks away.

rkmsuf 12-02-2005 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cthomer5000
tv.com lists the next episode as 6 weeks away.

f em them. ridiculous.

gottimd 12-02-2005 09:40 AM

ABC has decided to show, for the next 6 weeks, at the Wednesday 9PM EST time slot, Michael yelling for Walt for an hour straight.

Raiders Army 12-02-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

ABC has decided to show, for the next 6 weeks, at the Wednesday 9PM EST time slot, Michael yelling for Walt for an hour straight.

So there are new episodes coming!

DanGarion 12-02-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Oh joy, is that included with Charlie being Mr Nosey and asking Michael, "What are you doing? Are you calling out for Walt?" The entire time?

gottimd 12-02-2005 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangarion
Oh joy, is that included with Charlie being Mr Nosey and asking Michael, "What are you doing? Are you calling out for Walt?" The entire time?

Yup, and Hurley just keeps saying "dude?!" for the entire hour as well.

Anthony 12-02-2005 10:12 AM

and Ana Lucia doing that snarling, don't-fuck-with-me face that she does in every movie the whole time.

DanGarion 12-02-2005 10:19 AM

Quote:

Yup, and Hurley just keeps saying "dude?!" for the entire hour as well.

Wonderful, maybe they can blow up Charlie at the end...

DanGarion 12-02-2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
and Ana Lucia doing that snarling, don't-fuck-with-me face that she does in every movie the whole time.

Talking about Michelle Rodriguez, she has an interesting look. She isn't drop dead gorgeous or anything but she is like a cute-ugly. At least I've always thought so.

Raiders Army 12-02-2005 10:25 AM

New episode right here:

Quote:

Two ‘Lost’ stars charged with drunken driving
Rodriguez, Watros arrested within 15 minutes of each other in Hawaii

Updated: 9:47 a.m. ET Dec. 2, 2005
HONOLULU - Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros, who star on ABC’s “Lost,” were arrested within 15 minutes of each other in Kailua for allegedly driving under the influence of an intoxicant.

Both failed field sobriety tests and were released Thursday on $500 bail each, police said. The actresses, who were in separate cars, were arrested after their vehicles were spotted weaving on Pali Highway, which connects Kailua and Honolulu, police said.

Watros, who portrays Libby on “Lost,” was arrested at 12:05 a.m. Rodriguez, who plays Ana Lucia, was arrested at 12:20 a.m., according to police records. Rodriguez was booked under the name Mayte Michelle Rodriguez.

Calls placed by The Associated Press after business hours seeking comment from “Lost” spokesman Jeff Fordis weren’t immediately returned.

Rodriguez, 27, and Watros, 37, were to appear at a driver’s license revocation hearing at Kaneohe District Court on Dec. 29, police records showed.

Motorists arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence of an intoxicant automatically have their driver’s licenses revoked. They are given a temporary license that allows them to drive, but under several restrictions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10294957/from/RS.4/

OldGiants 12-02-2005 11:22 AM

" HONOLULU - Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros,"

Wow, that's a pretty long drive from Drew Carey's bar in Cleveland.

Raven 12-02-2005 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldGiants
" HONOLULU - Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros,"

Wow, that's a pretty long drive from Drew Carey's bar in Cleveland.

::crickets::

jbmagic 12-02-2005 03:05 PM

are both going to be fire from the show?

gottimd 12-02-2005 03:07 PM

Quote:

are both going to be fire from the show?

I doubt it.

sovereignstar 12-02-2005 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangarion
Talking about Michelle Rodriguez, she has an interesting look. She isn't drop dead gorgeous or anything but she is like a cute-ugly. At least I've always thought so.

I know what you mean. I think her best asset is her smile. She has a nice set of teeth. Almost too nice.

TazFTW 12-02-2005 06:11 PM

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1202053lost1.html

Yikes.

Raiders Army 12-02-2005 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TazFTW

As I said previously:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Annoying I agree. Beautiful, ack. I go with the premise that Hollywood adds about +5 on the hotness scale of 1 to 10, so if she's a 6, then she's a 1 without make-up, etc.

jbmagic 12-02-2005 06:56 PM

moriarty 12-02-2005 08:23 PM

Amazing. Michelle Rodriguez has the exact same pissed off look in a drunk mug shot as she does in every scene of every movie she's been in.

Rizon 12-02-2005 08:37 PM

Who the hell drives in Hawaii?

Easy Mac 12-02-2005 09:10 PM

Quote:

I knew she looked familiar.

jbmagic 12-02-2005 10:32 PM

Michael ask Locke why he just doesn't type the numbers in ahead of time.

Locke tells Michael the computer will not take input from the keyboard until around 4 minutes left on the timer.

Then with about 50-52 minutes on the timer, Michael starts typing on the keyboard with Walt (we guess).

How did the keyboard become usable? Did I miss something?

Poli 12-02-2005 10:47 PM

I thought about the same thing. Of course, the "Hello?" prompt was never there before.

Kodos 12-02-2005 11:41 PM

"Hello.... Is it me you're looking for?"

mauchow 12-02-2005 11:45 PM

"Dad? IS that really you? If it is, now is probably the best time to tell you that if you ever yell my name again I will put a curse on you. Yeah, I'm a crazy voodoo motherfucker."

Kodos 12-03-2005 12:27 AM

"Walt?? WALT!!!!"

cthomer5000 12-03-2005 01:04 AM

THEY TOOK MY BOY! !!!!1!!1

QuikSand 12-05-2005 02:48 PM

Just got caught up with the show this weekend, and made my pilgrimage back to this thread to see all the trivia that I missed.

Long wait until the next ep, though. Ugh.

Draft Dodger 12-07-2005 08:47 AM

a great line today on Fark that made me LOL

Quote:

Oh, and Michelle Rodriquez is an incredible actress. She can make you believe she's angry one moment and really cross the next.

Raiders Army 12-07-2005 03:30 PM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!!!!!!

duckman 12-07-2005 03:33 PM

THEY TOOK MY SON!!

Desmond 12-07-2005 03:51 PM

I don't know. I think Michelle Rodriguez looks ok in that pic. Shes got really nice skin and a pretty mouth. Sure she's all slopped up, but she doesn't look that bad for a chick after an all night bender.

Rizon 12-07-2005 11:04 PM

Quote:

I've seen this guy before, but I can't remember where.

Poli 12-21-2005 10:25 PM

Saw the tail section review again. How the heck do they lose the flight attendant just like that? Hello??//?

judicial clerk 12-22-2005 08:39 AM

Quote:

Saw the tail section review again. How the heck do they lose the flight attendant just like that? Hello??//?
I love how they have these big moral dilemmas [sp?] about whwther they should go find Michael or whether they should leave Sawyer behind, but when the flight attendant goes missing for 30 seconds there are like, "the others obviously got her and we will never see her again. By-gones. Lets keep rolling to the other camp."

Kodos 12-22-2005 08:41 AM

She obviously declined somebody's pleas for a second bag of peanuts before the plane went down.

Daimyo 12-22-2005 11:49 AM

She was a redshirt. They even made a reference to that in season 1.

Poli 12-22-2005 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daimyo
She was a redshirt. They even made a reference to that in season 1.

Wha?

Bearcat729 12-22-2005 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Wha?

Season 1 ep 11 I believe

Boone (to Locke): "Red shirt. You ever watch Star Trek? The crew guys that went down to the planets with the main guys? Captain Kirk and the guy with the pointy ears? They always wore red shirts, and they always got killed."

Daimyo 12-22-2005 11:57 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(science_fiction)

Poli 12-22-2005 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat729
Season 1 ep 11 I believe

Boone (to Locke): "Red shirt. You ever watch Star Trek? The crew guys that went down to the planets with the main guys? Captain Kirk and the guy with the pointy ears? They always wore red shirts, and they always got killed."

Ah, gotcha. Redshirt to me was like in college football. I remember the reference in season 1 now, but I was totally not connecting before.

rexallllsc 12-22-2005 12:51 PM

So what have we had here? 2 or 3 new episodes in the last 2 months?

gottimd 01-11-2006 06:38 AM

Giddy up.

New episode tonight.

duckman 01-11-2006 07:12 AM

About damn time!

moriarty 01-11-2006 07:42 AM

Is there like some recap episode or something prior to the new show tonight?