Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf LXXVI - The Werewolf Draft! Game over, see last pages for details (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=65983)

Danny 06-24-2008 10:54 AM

I don't quite understand the 24 hour clock. In the games I have followed before there was a day phase and a night phase.

oliegirl 06-24-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1759269)
Always jumps to you? Come on. I can't even remember the last time I voted for you!

And if you've only been a wolf in one game, that proves my point. You've played a lot, and only been a wolf once. I don't know what game that was, but if I were hoops, I'd be curious to see how you play as one.

You don't always vote for me, but you always throw my name out there as a wolf, and I'm never a wolf. It's like me going to Lathum every game...damn, now I know how Lathum feels! :(

Barkeep49 06-24-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1759275)
My guess is that they'll have to have the cunning wolf attack tonight, and then be able to have their other wolves attack people based on who voted for whom and when. They could try to risk it and hope their target doesnt move their vote last second though... but my guess is they pick their cunning wolf to target the player that they want to go after tonight (in attempts to get the seer)

I predict they'll have the cunning wolf attack every night until we catch the SOB.

Barkeep49 06-24-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1759279)
I don't quite understand the 24 hour clock. In the games I have followed before there was a day phase and a night phase.

Basically the players all submit their actions at the same deadline as the vote.

mccollins 06-24-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

I think as soon as Cronin has all of the night actions he posts the results?

Passacaglia 06-24-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1759275)
My guess is that they'll have to have the cunning wolf attack tonight, and then be able to have their other wolves attack people based on who voted for whom and when. They could try to risk it and hope their target doesnt move their vote last second though... but my guess is they pick their cunning wolf to target the player that they want to go after tonight (in attempts to get the seer)

I'm thinking about when the cunning wolf dies. Another wolf needs to make the attack, and they'd have to attack someone who voted for them that day. That will be hard to do if people change their votes at deadline.

Barkeep49 06-24-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1759289)
I'm thinking about when the cunning wolf dies. Another wolf needs to make the attack, and they'd have to attack someone who voted for them that day. That will be hard to do if people change their votes at deadline.

I'd hope that cronin accepts conditional orders as a late vote change can just as easily screw over the BG or seer.

st.cronin 06-24-2008 11:05 AM

The 24 hour clock in my games works like this: At the deadline, the vote gets processed, and somebody gets lynched. Immediately after, I process all night actions, and begin a new day.

The big difference is, players with night actions have to send their orders in before the lynch, which perhaps puts them at a slight disadvantage.

Alan T 06-24-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

The 24 hour clock means there is no night phase and day phase, just one phase for the entire day.

So all players with night actions (wolves, bodyguard, seer, etc) have to have their night orders in by the same time the lynch is due which adds more strategy to their choices obviously.

st.cronin 06-24-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1759292)
I'd hope that cronin accepts conditional orders as a late vote change can just as easily screw over the BG or seer.

Yes, I encourage everybody with night actions to send conditional orders.

SnDvls 06-24-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1759131)
I also lumped these two together and I believe SnDvls and hoops have been wolves together and, having also been a wolf with SnDvls, I think it's likely hoops would have gone in that direction. Hence my vote.

If hoops would have picked me, which he didn't, he would have made a huge mistake. You know what is happening in my real life right now (twins 2 weeks old and all), hence my request for a vanilla villager role as my activity isn't up to being a "roled" person villager or wolf. Poli (AE) actually did the right thing and followed my request.

But if it helps the village I have no problem with it.

KWhit 06-24-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 1759261)
I am not sure if the jumping on the Lathum bandwagon is justified. Would AE/Poli be smart enough to do that? The draft went pretty quick from our understanding. Did he really have that much time to ponder the situation? The draft information is beneficial, but I don't think we can assume that it was done under optimal strategic conditions.

It only took me about 30 minutes to come up with it.

I would certainly hope that strategy was used and not just "Oh I'll pick so-and-so because I once had a friend who had a cat with that name."

Lathum 06-24-2008 11:14 AM

well like I said, I made my argument and god forbid I "badger" anyone with my defence.

st.cronin 06-24-2008 11:15 AM

Go Badgers.

PackerFanatic 06-24-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1759304)
Go Badgers.

*fistpump*

oliegirl 06-24-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1759303)
well like I said, I made my argument and god forbid I "badger" anyone with my defence.

Lathum, please note that I have not suspected your or voted for you yet :)

Lathum 06-24-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1759308)
Lathum, please note that I have not suspected your or voted for you yet :)

thanks for that :)

you wanna vote me because you think I am a wolf thats fine, but voting me because you don't want to listen to me defend myself for "4 days" thats bush league.

If it seems like I argue more then anyone else it is because I am forced to defend myself more then anyone else, and it isn't even close.

Passacaglia 06-24-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1759196)
dola- you are also hinting you are the seer, maybe setting up for a fake reveal?

Hey Lathum, I think I missed where DT did this. Can you point me to it?

Lathum 06-24-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1759317)

I don't think I should, I have apparently been harsh enough already

mccollins 06-24-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1759317)

I didn't get that either - I thought Lathum was stating it as a slight possibility for Alan to be setting up something with his reveal. But I probably need to re-read that :confused:

PackerFanatic 06-24-2008 11:38 AM

Come on now, Lathum - no need to get huffy.

Alan T 06-24-2008 11:41 AM

It seemed pretty clear to me at the time that Lathum was saying that DT was setting up for a fake seer reveal considering he was speaking to DT in the previous post and then continued with a dola post with that information in it.

I believe in my earlier reading that I figured out why Lathum was saying that based on what DT said, but I read DT's comments a bit differently so I'll let Lathum explain if he wants why he felt DT was setting it up for such... but either way seemed clear to me Lathum was talking to DT the entire time there and not me.

mccollins 06-24-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1759339)
and not me.

My bad then

Lathum 06-24-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 1759188)
Alan - you can jump off the DT bandwagon - hoops didn't pick me. whether that's b/c poli picked me first or what i dunno, but i'm squarely on the village side.

as for your reveal - well you can't be the seer/fake seer i don't think -- you can't be a mason (penalty of death), could you be bodyguard maybe. could you be hunter...strong possibility

the whole fake-seer thing always bugs me, so i'm wondering if there's not more of a way to...control that and mitigate that

this is the post I was referencing, seems he is setting up subtle hints.

GoldenEagle 06-24-2008 11:48 AM

Is it possible that hoops decided to get cute and picked all females as the wolves? That would be amusing. Do we even have enough females to fill all the wolf roles?

Alan T 06-24-2008 11:50 AM

Looking through the list of players, I think there are alot of excellent players that Hoops may have selected that aren't even being mentioned. It definitely is not limited to 5 or 6 players that I think Hoops may have chosen.

I can see some merit in a few different directions of voting today, one of which would be Kwhit's suggestion of why Lathum would be the perfect choice.. I also could see Kwhit as a crafty wolf being able to toss out such a suggestion to throw some villager under the table as well though. I think I'll go a different direction with my vote right now though.. someone who hasn't been mentioned yet but when he played regularly I felt was as good of a wolf as anyone in the game. Hoops also realizes this and I feel would be a perfect player for Hoops to pick.. an excellent player that not everyone really knows but has great veteran leadership as well.

Vote Saldana

Danny 06-24-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 1759351)
Is it possible that hoops decided to get cute and picked all females as the wolves? That would be amusing. Do we even have enough females to fill all the wolf roles?

Hmm, Oliegirl, Lonestargirl, Mrs. Schmidty, Saldana, is that enough to cover it?

Lathum 06-24-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1759354)
Hmm, Oliegirl, Lonestargirl, Mrs. Schmidty, Saldana, is that enough to cover it?

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

hoopsguy 06-24-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1759304)
Go Badgers.

I simply can not support this post. Or leave it unchallenged.

Go Illini.

mccollins 06-24-2008 11:56 AM

:D I don't know if it would be funnier if Danny really thinks Saldana is a female or if he was knowingly making a joke. Either way - heh heh

Lathum 06-24-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

this is honestly one of the funniest things I have ever read in WW

hoopsguy 06-24-2008 11:58 AM

Or that he missed legitimate females and then included Saldana.

Priceless.

KWhit 06-24-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1759353)
Looking through the list of players, I think there are alot of excellent players that Hoops may have selected that aren't even being mentioned. It definitely is not limited to 5 or 6 players that I think Hoops may have chosen.

I can see some merit in a few different directions of voting today, one of which would be Kwhit's suggestion of why Lathum would be the perfect choice.. I also could see Kwhit as a crafty wolf being able to toss out such a suggestion to throw some villager under the table as well though.

Come on. If I were a wolf, do you really think I would make a play like this day 1 just to get Lathum lynched as a villager? Especially since I posted my thoughts before anyone got any significant votes - so it's not like I'm throwing something out to try to save a wolf or something.

claphamsa 06-24-2008 12:04 PM

who else is fmale? telle and any others?

PackerFanatic 06-24-2008 12:05 PM

Haha - hence why I would never try to guess male v. female

saldana 06-24-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1759266)
Make it 4 votes, I can see you badgering people already and I'd rather eliminate that before it degenerates into constant bickering for days on end.

Oh and you're a damn good wolf and I love the "force poli to take someone obvious" idea.

VOTE LATHUM

:devil:

as opposed to what you do, ranting, raving and insulting people as soon as you get a vote on you?

Alan T 06-24-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1759364)
Come on. If I were a wolf, do you really think I would make a play like this day 1 just to get Lathum lynched as a villager? Especially since I posted my thoughts before anyone got any significant votes - so it's not like I'm throwing something out to try to save a wolf or something.

Anything is possible in WW I've found.. What is the downside for you making a play like that if you were the wolf? It isnt like you are pushing it super hard, you just tossed out a piece of strategy on day 1 when no one has any information anyways. The chances of people turning around and coming for your blood after a scenerio where Lathum was lynched and ended up being good doesn't seem too high to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that I think you are a wolf here, I'm just saying that if you were, this would be a low risk high reward play on your part in my opinion. I actually personally think I want to stay away from the you vs Lathum thing today anyways. We already have a good bit of movement on Lathum, and I find a day1 vote without a serious second contender ends up being a wash without any information gained.

That is why I wanted to throw out my suggestion for another candidate, but also would like to hear other people's suggestions as well. A run away vote on Lathum doesn't really help us at all. If you all want to lynch Lathum then fine, but I'd at least like some kind of meaningful vote so we have an idea of who might have tried to save him (if he is a wolf) or not.

DaddyTorgo 06-24-2008 12:10 PM

we've had an all-female WW team before. in the fairytale game I made all the women WW's and then when i died they were an all-woman team for at least a day there.

but that would be awesome. and kudos to danny for the joke.

Lathum 06-24-2008 12:11 PM

VOTE DADDYTORGO

he jumped on me super quick and like I mentioned earlier I think his play is suspect.

saldana 06-24-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1759353)

I can see some merit in a few different directions of voting today, one of which would be Kwhit's suggestion of why Lathum would be the perfect choice.. I also could see Kwhit as a crafty wolf being able to toss out such a suggestion to throw some villager under the table as well though. I think I'll go a different direction with my vote right now though.. someone who hasn't been mentioned yet but when he played regularly I felt was as good of a wolf as anyone in the game. Hoops also realizes this and I feel would be a perfect player for Hoops to pick.. an excellent player that not everyone really knows but has great veteran leadership as well.

Vote Saldana

you never fail to disappoint me Alan, i have been waiting for this for the last page and a half:lol:

DaddyTorgo 06-24-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1759373)
Anything is possible in WW I've found.. What is the downside for you making a play like that if you were the wolf? It isnt like you are pushing it super hard, you just tossed out a piece of strategy on day 1 when no one has any information anyways. The chances of people turning around and coming for your blood after a scenerio where Lathum was lynched and ended up being good doesn't seem too high to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that I think you are a wolf here, I'm just saying that if you were, this would be a low risk high reward play on your part in my opinion. I actually personally think I want to stay away from the you vs Lathum thing today anyways. We already have a good bit of movement on Lathum, and I find a day1 vote without a serious second contender ends up being a wash without any information gained.

That is why I wanted to throw out my suggestion for another candidate, but also would like to hear other people's suggestions as well. A run away vote on Lathum doesn't really help us at all. If you all want to lynch Lathum then fine, but I'd at least like some kind of meaningful vote so we have an idea of who might have tried to save him (if he is a wolf) or not.

a second candidate - saldana fits...GE fits as a nasty-wolf who hasn't been around a lot lately...

saldana 06-24-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

who are you? seriously?

DaddyTorgo 06-24-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 1759385)
who are you? seriously?

:lol:

:popcorn:

oh cmon, that joke never gets old

saldana 06-24-2008 12:16 PM

checking in btw.

KWhit 06-24-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1759373)

My point was that I don't see this as a potential high-reward play for a wolf on day one. I see it as pretty much low-risk, very-low reward and therefore not a good play for a wolf to make.

Lathum 06-24-2008 12:18 PM

OK, so if you think I am a wolf there is no way Saldana is one and vice versa. No way Hoops puts us on the same team.

DaddyTorgo 06-24-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1759398)
OK, so if you think I am a wolf there is no way Saldana is one and vice versa. No way Hoops puts us on the same team.

why not? :confused:

Danny 06-24-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 1759385)
who are you? seriously?

I've never posted much at any one time, but I have browsed on a regular basis since I registered. I also worked at Grey Dog Software for a couple years and still work for Gary and Wolverine on the side although I usually don't have enough time to devote there between fiancee, school and my regular job.

saldana 06-24-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 1759389)
:lol:

:popcorn:

oh cmon, that joke never gets old

i think its hilarious...i just wanted to know if Danny is someone that changed their name and is actually in on the joke, or if he is somone that i have never played with and actually thinks i am a chick

Danny 06-24-2008 12:23 PM

At one time I was EagleEye, then I changed it when I started working for Greydog. And yes, I know you are not a chick :)