Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Goal Line Blitz MMORPG (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=64420)

gkb 03-23-2008 03:28 PM

No sacks allowed, but no pancakes either...played 63 plays. I think I might need to work on my stamina some more and my strength.

Poli 03-23-2008 03:34 PM

I rode the bench. :(

Ben E Lou 03-23-2008 03:35 PM

Sorry about that, Lowcountry players. I had to go out on an unexpected errand and didn't get back until after game time. All human players will be in the starting lineup for the next game.

Poli 03-23-2008 03:40 PM

Word.

gkb 03-23-2008 03:46 PM

On this play it looks like I was supposed to pull and lead the HB through the hole...I didn't make it.

Max is slow and not agile.

Here's another example of my speed and footwork.

bhlloy 03-23-2008 03:53 PM

Heh... the replays make this a very cool game. There was one sweep play where I decided to run around in a circle in the backfield instead of getting out on a block, and the HB got smoked for a loss. Oops.

I broke down and paid for the extra flex points since we lost our first game... Larry any chance of a raise now my training is $800 a week? :)

hawk4669 03-23-2008 03:55 PM

Happy my TE saw the field for 60 or so plays. He did fairly decent...but I'd like to see his blocking stats as well. No biggie though. Gotta improve my punter too....pretty weak kicks.

And the little replay function is awesome. Love it.

Cheers!

hawk4669 03-23-2008 03:56 PM

Dola,

And thanks to an INT, my TE got his first career tackle. lol

Cheers!

Eaglesfan27 03-23-2008 04:02 PM

That replay function is awesome. That is what I dream of FOF having one day.

Alan T 03-23-2008 04:13 PM

I had 1 Tackle and 2 Forced Fumbles it appears if I'm reading this right. I guess that I am glad I didn't have any missed tackles, but I'm guessing they just didn't try to run it down the gut too much against us? I haven't looked at the replays any yet.

IMetTrentGreen 03-23-2008 04:16 PM

I played 36 plays and the only entry into the stat sheet were my three missed tackles. Maybe I deserve to be on the bench.

hawk4669 03-23-2008 04:24 PM

Team highlight: First TD in Grand Junction Silverback history (under FOFC ownership)

First Silverback TD!

Personal highlight: First career reception

My first catch!

Cheers!

MikeVic 03-23-2008 04:29 PM

I got a tackle! Whoo!

bhlloy 03-23-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk4669 (Post 1690181)
Team highlight: First TD in Grand Junction Silverback history (under FOFC ownership)

First Silverback TD!

Woot! Although I'm wondering what the hell the opposition linebackers are doing on that play, I'll take it :D

MikeVic 03-23-2008 04:29 PM

Dola,
I mean Semi Truck is a team player and is saddened by the loss. :(

Here's the replay of my only tackle. ;)
http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=309408

hawk4669 03-23-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 1690183)
Woot! Although I'm wondering what the hell the opposition linebackers are doing on that play, I'll take it :D

Being sealed off by myself and the right side of the o-line of course! ;)

Cheers!

MrDNA 03-23-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrymcg421 (Post 1690087)
We lost 20-13, but it looks like all our guys got plenty of playing time. Let's all go make ourselves better and we'll come back strong on Tuesday.

I think Tabasco Ted might be the exception - he didn't show up on the stats sheet at all. :confused:

MikeVic 03-23-2008 04:32 PM

We went against Mike Sellers. This must be why we lost.

JeeberD 03-23-2008 04:32 PM

Caught a pass. Woohoo!!!

IMetTrentGreen 03-23-2008 04:33 PM

I just looked through my missed tackles, all of them came in the backfield at least. I guess my guy can disrupt, even if he can't tackle worth a shit. I set his tackle setting to wrap-up for the next game.

IMetTrentGreen 03-23-2008 04:35 PM

Oh, dola sidenote:

I don't know if we have a cohesive strategy going, but if it helps any other DL, I'm going heavy with the run stopping for my DT.

I noticed Quiksand's dude is all pass rushing so maybe we could do a classic FOF setup of run stopping DTs and pass rushing DEs?

Alan T 03-23-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1690172)
I had 1 Tackle and 2 Forced Fumbles it appears if I'm reading this right. I guess that I am glad I didn't have any missed tackles, but I'm guessing they just didn't try to run it down the gut too much against us? I haven't looked at the replays any yet.

Ahh it looks like on most of the replays I watched, I was doubleteamed all day which left open the middle linebacker to make the tackles. I guess I need to keep upping my Breakthrough ability, its level 5 already, but I need to keep uping it.

Alan T 03-23-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMetTrentGreen (Post 1690192)
Oh, dola sidenote:

I don't know if we have a cohesive strategy going, but if it helps any other DL, I'm going heavy with the run stopping for my DT.

I noticed Quiksand's dude is all pass rushing so maybe we could do a classic FOF setup of run stopping DTs and pass rushing DEs?

I think you and I are DTs together on the same team right? I'm pretty much the same as you almost all run stopping up the gut. Right now it looks like I get double teamed the majority of runs though, so I need to work on it.

IMetTrentGreen 03-23-2008 04:41 PM

Well, if you're the NT, I guess you should be the big double team breaking run stopper. Seems like I won't see many double teams.

Still, two big run stoppers can really fuck up an offense, and the LBs can focus more on coverage. Guess I need to look and see what the rest of the front 7 is doing. 3 tech DTs can really be anything. I think I level up tomorrow so I'll have skill points to spend.

Someone should step up and be a defensive coordinator, or something.

IMetTrentGreen 03-23-2008 05:05 PM

Alright, how about this, Alan?

You, as the nose, focus on Wall and Breakthrough. That'll let you keep up with double teams. Then you can pump up D-Line General as you see fit to boost the rest of us.

Then me, as the 3, focus on Wall and Shed Block, since I can just focus on dominating the man in front of me. The thing says DL General is most helpful for the nose, but I'm not opposed to putting points there. I can't find a more in depth description of the skills than the what the floating box gives us.

Either way, if we can control the three guys in front of us we can free up the ends to rush and the MLB to run free.

BYU 14 03-23-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrogMan (Post 1690098)
bummer, I also didn't see the field :(

FM

Me either, but I roided up for the next game :)

Alan T 03-23-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMetTrentGreen (Post 1690214)
Alright, how about this, Alan?

You, as the nose, focus on Wall and Breakthrough. That'll let you keep up with double teams. Then you can pump up D-Line General as you see fit to boost the rest of us.

Then me, as the 3, focus on Wall and Shed Block, since I can just focus on dominating the man in front of me. The thing says DL General is most helpful for the nose, but I'm not opposed to putting points there. I can't find a more in depth description of the skills than the what the floating box gives us.

Either way, if we can control the three guys in front of us we can free up the ends to rush and the MLB to run free.

I have 1 point in D-Line General currently and had planned on putting more there after seeing that I ended up in the NT spot. I'm debating on which would be more useful though, upping that or upping Breakthrough right now. I don't mind sacrificing my numbers for the sake of the team, just trying to figure out which would be more beneficial. I currently have 5 in Breakthrough and Wall, and only 1 in D-Line general

digamma 03-23-2008 05:22 PM

I played the other end most of the game. First possession I had a TFL and a QB hurry, but that was it for the game. I'm focusing on speed and agility with the idea of being a speed rush end.

IMetTrentGreen 03-23-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

I have 1 point in D-Line General currently and had planned on putting more there after seeing that I ended up in the NT spot. I'm debating on which would be more useful though, upping that or upping Breakthrough right now. I don't mind sacrificing my numbers for the sake of the team, just trying to figure out which would be more beneficial. I currently have 5 in Breakthrough and Wall, and only 1 in D-Line general

I plan on honing in on 3-4 skills and just upgrading whichever is cheapest, and upgrading attributes through training and equipment. You're much better than me right now so I don't know what the upgrades looks like at that point.

DL General is probably an icing skill, like big hits or snarl or whatever. Get your guy up to speed first, then look at those "bonus" skills later.

SteveMax58 03-23-2008 05:33 PM

Nobody needs Harry Balsac? :D

Kinda feel left out. Hoping to join an FOFC team, but I guess I can go play for a CPU team in the meantime.

TazFTW 03-23-2008 05:50 PM

4 tackles with what looks like a TD saving tackle.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=309284

Gained 866 experience points, so I should be able to level up after next game.

FBPro 03-23-2008 05:52 PM

I'm bummed, depth chart says Chuckington #2 QB yet #3 played.....

TazFTW 03-23-2008 05:57 PM

Umm, Fresno is going to destroy us. Lvl 5 or better for half their starters.

Landshark44 03-23-2008 06:35 PM

anyone having trouble gettong to the site?

Eaglesfan27 03-23-2008 06:39 PM

Yeah, it seems to be down right now.

Crim 03-23-2008 07:50 PM

Just got home from family Easter stuff, amped about seeing how we did, stoked at reading the bits and pieces of info you guys've posted...

...and bummed that I can't get onto the sight. Anyone know if Crim Bronco did anything of note?

Crim 03-23-2008 08:10 PM

nm, site's working now. 3 tackles... looking at pbp now to critique my game!

;)

dbd1963 03-23-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FBPro (Post 1690254)
I'm bummed, depth chart says Chuckington #2 QB yet #3 played.....

I don't understand this, but something like this did happen with FrogMan and now I know why. He had already played a game in this "week", so the program wouldn't let him play another. I know your QB did not actually get on the field of any other game, but were you on a team when a game was played? If it wasn't that, I don't understand it.

Radii 03-23-2008 08:29 PM

ack, ther's a level 4 human kicker on the silverbacks. Does one of the other human teams not have a starting kicker?

cartman 03-23-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radii (Post 1690324)
ack, ther's a level 4 human kicker on the silverbacks. Does one of the other human teams not have a starting kicker?

Lowcountry has a Level 1 CPU kicker, so hit up SkyDog.

Radii 03-23-2008 08:50 PM

Hey SD, Idjit Kicker is almost level 2, you should trade for me :)

Lithium 03-23-2008 09:04 PM

I'm looking for some referrals, so I'll just throw this out there:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=267625

Worth a shot.

sabotai 03-23-2008 09:12 PM

w00t, 10 tackles. Great first game for me.

Crim 03-23-2008 09:15 PM

Huge game, sab. You should be MLB maybe. Your reactions were much faster than mine, and I seemed okay in coverage except for one time I misplayed the TE (thankfully he dropped the ball).

I think as MLB you could really mop up.

Crim 03-23-2008 09:33 PM

dola, I scored myself as a 33/100 for the game, based on 27 plays where I either had an impact (+ or -) on the play, or that my performace could reasonably be measured (ex. getting blocked; shedding blocks; maintaining good coverage, even if the pass wasn't thrown my way; getting penetration or not, even if the run went another way).

I didn't "rate" sabotai or Robert DeMinas, but from eyeballing the game, their speed and reaction time qualifies them both to occupy the middle before me.

I suggest that sab goes to the middle, I move to the left (where I can maybe stay on/fight off the TE more), and Robert (WVUFan) stays on the right so he can continue to roam and clean up.

Crim 03-23-2008 09:35 PM

trola, and I noticed that many many more of our plus running plays went to the right (strong) side. I don't know what options you have scheme-wise, larry, but you might want to consider running more off the RG and RT.

My .02

ntndeacon 03-23-2008 09:46 PM

only got 2 tackles so that will be what gets trained for a while. I think imight have gone a little crazy on all those extra skills to early. but will be concentrating on the basics fo a good long while.

JPhillips 03-23-2008 10:19 PM

Just in as linebacker Houston Dicks. Playing for the Guangzhou Outlaws.

IMetTrentGreen 03-23-2008 11:09 PM

You know I'm surprised nobody's shown up as Dean Houston yet.

gkb 03-23-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crim (Post 1690360)
trola, and I noticed that many many more of our plus running plays went to the right (strong) side. I don't know what options you have scheme-wise, larry, but you might want to consider running more off the RG and RT.

My .02

When I was going through the play by play I noticed that as well.